Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A funny thing happened to me on my way to the Inv Stat

Options
  • 03-06-1999 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Buenas Dias Caballeros!

Had my first experience of the inv stat bug last nite on Anthill last nite. First spawn of the game & I appear rite beside the bottom inv stat in our base. Okaayyeee - favourite 4, heavy with remote inv stat. My hud has me turned around ready to go with the little window to see ppl behind me & about 3 bozos are crowding around trying to get in to the inv stat & not letting me get out of there - I'm thinking 'heavy?' it's 'big like?' and 'move yer @sses!'

So there i am trying to get around & accidentally bump back into the inv stat - screen comes up, i sigh. I spy an opening so I can get past these furry jim hensons so I go for it. Ye know how sometimes you can move a fair way away from the inv stat without the screen shutting down. Well, I'm moving - my hud has a little window in the inv screen to let me see & I'm waiting for the screen to shut - still being a bit jostled, so I'm trying to go right, left, forward, etc. The inv stat screen is still up & I see a bozo type squeeze in the actual station behind me. I still got the inv screen. Huh?

Then I think - hey cool, this must be that inv stat bug! Let's try it out before they patch it (i.e. purely out of curiosity - I'm not a believer in cheating tongue.gif )

Then I close the screen so I can see properly - sure I'll have the full inv stat screen when I hit 'I' again, & find I've been 'jostled' over to the elevator. That is, I'm halfway on that elevator & you know what that means - the screen goes red, my health goes down -************. I get out of it & go up a level, severely damaged. I think, 'okay' cos there's an inv stat upstairs - I'll go get healed. Well I must have been a bit slow cos when I went to get off the elevator platform some other bozo gets on he elevetor and catches me again & mushes me!!

bollix.

Didn't try to repeat the bug but it was too late. With my virtue be-smirched (hehe) I, like a hairless samson, a fallen galahad, a compromised lancelot, could not weild my supernatural powers & we lost the map. sad.gif

Moral of the story - don't cheat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Happened to me too. I'd backed away from the INV station and walked down the various corridors and out the base before I could get rid of the damn INV screen.

LAter on though - over in WIREPLAY or BW, can't remember which, I walked through a couple of walls in a C&H match. While *in* the wall I Was able to see all the nmes through the floors below, but couldn't shoot them unfortunately.

I did call their position in to some helpful slug armoured friends who took care of business though. The funniest thing was walking out of the wall to surprise a light nme chappie, who was freaked when I appeared out of nowhere and blew him away smile.gif

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

yeah - some of those C&H maps have really dodgy walls. In Tunnelrats, in the tunnel directly before the objective, you can jetpack up through the ceiling. There's no where to perch up there, that I know of, but it can really freak out invaders who don't know about hit. Now yer there, now yer not. Now a green egg of death is there smile.gif

On the same level, facing the tube that leads to the room prior to the objective, you can hide in the wall & actually shoot at nmes that come in, & they cant see you.

Having said that - I like them to see my eyes before I blast them hehe biggrin.gif

Advertisement