Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agents -charges? recommendations?

Options
  • 27-07-2004 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all
    Moving to Dublin soon, after 16 years out of Ireland. Will be looking for a 2 bed house in North Dublin City, possibly Glasnevin/Phibsboro areas. Can anyone tell me what charges are involved if I rent through a letting agent? Is it better to go private? I have heard there is quite a bit of property now available to rent in Dublin- true?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most agents don't charge tenents - their fee tends to be based on a months rental and is paid by the landlord. However, if you hire an agent to go looking for something special for you, then do expect charges.

What do you mean by "Is it better to go private?"

There are a lot of rental properties available, but there is also a lot of demand. Expect a lot of demand in the next two months as students return to college and book places out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gearoidini

Thanks for info. When I asked "is it better to go private?" I suppose I meant is it cheaper or would I have access to more property.If landlords are renting out their property through an agency will they usually be trying to get higher rent (to compensate for the agency fee) than if they advertise it themselves?
    g

Advertisement