Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance question re 20 yr old girl, named driver on parents ins

Options
  • 27-07-2004 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi all,

just wondered if anybody had any idea of the cost of motor insurance in irealnd for a 20 year old girl with a provisional license as named driver on parents insurance. Just my girlfriend asked her parents and they told her it'd cost a fortune but I think they just don't want her driving their car!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, they're right. Probably be upwards of €1,000. You won't know unless you get a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

yeah well with a boyfriend called moshpit77 im not surprised.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Try insure.ie and 123.ie for quotes, or call FBD who are probably lower anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by Captain Trips
    Try insure.ie and 123.ie for quotes, or call FBD who are probably lower anyway.
    No. Try absolutely everyone in the phone book!
    As for price, pick a number, double it, quadruple that and add 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by kbannon
    No. Try absolutely everyone in the phone book!

Yes!!!

Seriously ring them ALL, including brokers. The market is so fúcked up in this country that you won't know what quotes you'll come across - you might save yourself a fortune.

Also, repeat this process every year before renewal time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

myself and my brother were qouted 1500 to be insured on the mother A3, 1.8 . that was for the two of us for 8 months, fully comp he's 19 me 23 both provisional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Originally posted by uberwolf
    myself and my brother were qouted 1500 to be insured on the mother A3, 1.8 . that was for the two of us for 8 months, fully comp he's 19 me 23 both provisional.

1.8 litre provisional...

consider 1500 a bargin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I know, 750 each!! its a 98. I was v.surprised when she told me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

perhaps she got confused and put the two of you down as her daughters :p

Advertisement