Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which VGA Cooler?

Options
  • 27-07-2004 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a (quieter) VGA cooler fan for my radeon 9800 pro. I'm not too bothered about overclocking i'm just looking for something that performs similarly (although better cooling is a bonus too) but it much quieter than the stock fan. I'm in a Shuttle SFF system so size is a problem too. I also only have 1 PCI slot (unused as yet) so i'd prefer if it wasn't blocked. So far i've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities.

1. Vantec Iceberq 4 VGA Cooling Kit
    Pro's: Easily available.
    Con's: The loudest of the three.

2. Evercool VC-RE Twinkling VGA Cooler
    Pro's: Quietest and best cooling without having to mod case.
    Con's: Impossible to find anywhere selling in UK/Ireland.

3. Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer
    Pro's: Best cooling, quietest, silent (?)
    Con's: Have to mod side of case to fit it on. Blocks PCI slot?

Just looking for some pointers. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've the arctic, works a treat... On the low fan setting its Silent and cools better than the STD fan n then when u overclock u can stick it on high. Size is ur only prob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Yeah I think it's the best option and it can be easily bought. Just seen a nice mod for it over on Sudhian Forums but I've never tried anything like this before. Might as well do it as I was considering modding the Case a bit (aesthetically) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Thats a pretty slick mod.... Go for it

Advertisement