Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse

Options
  • 27-07-2004 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I've heard that carphone warehouse let you trade in a old phone against a new one and get €60 off is this just with bill phones or can you trade in when you buy a pay as you go phone???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Not doubting you but can any1 seond this?

And its defo €60 off?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

iirc it's limited to certain phones and you have to bring in the manual, box and charger, you can't just bring in a sh1t phone you have lying in a drawer somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Its €20 for ready to go phones (phone/charger/manual)
    and upto €40 on bill phones.

It does change every month, but as far as i remember it can be any phone as long as it turns on and you have the charger and manual.

Its fairly cool if you have old phones!

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

My gf dad bought a new phone a whil back(bill phone) and he brought in a nokia 3210 and a charger(no manual they only wanted phone + charger) and he got €60

ANyone else defo know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

As i said before it changes every month, id say most of the staff wouldnt care about the manual but the guy i was dealing with only gave me €30 off for the phone and charger, it was ment to be €40 if i had the manual. But at the moment the max they can give off for a "trade-in" is €40. I bought a phone for my girlfriend on friday. He said the deals change every month though?

That is what the story is.

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

By the way, Carphone Warehouse in the new Tesco ClareHall Shopping Centre have some pretty cool opening offers. I'm trading in my phone and getting a Nokia 6230 and Motorola bluetooth headset for €209!! This is with a new connection to O2 bill (moving from Vodafone bill). Pretty sweet.

Robbie

Advertisement