Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

an idea !

• 27-07-2004 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

I have an idea that maybe some people who are a regular Eircom league fans , could do a roundup of events and results in the league every week .

that way it might be easier for a lot of us to keep up with how the league/Cup/League Cup/European games are going for the Irish sides , as it is not always easy/practical to keep track .

any1 like this idea ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like the idea a lot, I'd be willing to post results from the eircom league on a regular basis, post up match reports from the games I go to ( I'm a go-er to see Shels, whenever work allows ) and report on any of the goings-on that are eircom league related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Nice :) , anyone else interested ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

I like this idea also , i would be willing to post up reports from Waterford United as i go to the RSC as often as work allows me to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

TV3's show is back again recently, if people are interested in the league (and not many seem to be) then there is no reason to not watch the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Ill do it.Nice idea When is the show on and what time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

sounds like a good idea alright i have no interest in the eircom league atm because there are no teams remotely close to me but if there were updates regularly here it might intice me to take a closer interest in our national league

Bateman wrote:
    TV3's show is back again recently, if people are interested in the league (and not many seem to be) then there is no reason to not watch the show.

what night and what time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Big Ears wrote:
    what night and what time ?
    Around 11.25PM on Monday's.

Big Ears,

I have also offered to do this aswellso what will we do.

Take it in turns or something.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Around 11.25PM on Monday's.

thx :) .

• Advertisement

andyman wrote:
    Big Ears,

I have also offered to do this aswellso what will we do.

Take it in turns or something.

theres no harm 2 people posting reports about the same match , and if they're opinions differ we could always get some discussion going .

Nothing wrong with more than one or two people posting about a soccer match in the soccer forum is there?

I think an idea to have a seperate forum for Irish soccer exclusiely was mooted a few months ago, perhaps before the "Big Lockout of April 2004", but was given the thumbs down, and rightly so.

Irish soccer is far too marginalised as it is, for us on here to futher that is a bit much, but I digress.

I'd love it if more and more people on here were followers of Irish soccer, and I have to comment, we will see how long it lasts when the teams involved in the European competitions are gone, and the English Season kicks back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I'll make it a sticky lads when yis get it up and running and when I figure out where the hell the mod tools are which seem to have disappeared after the upgrade :confused:

Yeah a seperate forum would be good and me and Big Ears could be moderaters :D

p.s. the last part was a joke

talla wrote:
    I'll make it a sticky lads when yis get it up and running

Cheers talla, good idea.

I just have one question about it.

Does it mean thant talk about the LoI would be restricted to the sticky?

seansouth wrote:
    Does it mean thant talk about the LoI would be restricted to the sticky?

I think its probably best if talk a bout matches and banter and the league table were just left in the sticky , I dont feel the need to put everything in there , as we need discussions on things like Loi transfer rummours and signings on other threads .

the reason I wouldnt want just a sticky for all LOI talk is , it would be harder to get proper discussions going on certain issues , and wait for it................the things could actually have too many posts for people to keep track of the goings on :eek: .

although it is all a matter of opinion , and I would like the posters who know more about the Eircom League to decide .

also dont feel ashamed posting up match reports on you're sides if they're in the first division :p , because I think most of us who are interested in the Premier League are also (maybe to a lesser extent) interested in the 1st division .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sounds like a reasonable idea, I do no think that the Irish Soccer board would be a goer though, on that basis, people would be requesting spanish soccer, english soccer german soccer boards etc. How about we try this, put a title on the post and if people are interetsed in the thread then they will read it ;)

Advertisement