Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is the cheapest University town?

• 27-07-2004 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Which is the cheapest University town(low rate accomodation,transport,etc) where a student can find nice pubs/partys and how much does the life cost there?

Thanks
    bye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

stay away from dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just taking a guess here but either sligo or letterkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Maynooth...

It was cheap as chips when I was there.

That was in 1998 though... but, rentwise, I was paying £27 a week for my own room in a nice house.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Repli
    stay away from dublin
    Why?, it's the biggest city in the country, with the best and biggest Unis in the country: come on it's not that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Why?, it's the biggest city in the country, with the best and biggest Unis in the country: come on it's not that bad!

Gonna give ya a hint, its in the title!!
    Which is the cheapest University town?

By Uni I am assuming you mean college.. Dundalk is cheap enough and a piss easy commute from Dublin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Originally posted by embee
    Maynooth...

It was cheap as chips when I was there.

That was in 1998 though... but, rentwise, I was paying £27 a week for my own room in a nice house.....

yes cheapest and the ****est.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Don't think maynooth is that cheap any more.

Carlow is fairly cheap, but its also a bit of a dump. Meh.

Advertisement