Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[article] Brosnan calls it day for 007

• 27-07-2004 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

NEW YORK (AP) - Pierce Brosnan appears to be turning in his licence to kill, says Entertainment Weekly.

"That's it," Brosnan told EW.com. "I've said all I've got to say on the world of James Bond." In an interview on the magazine's website, posted Tuesday, the Irish-born actor said 2002's Die Another Day was his last mission on Her Majesty's secret service.

"Bond is another lifetime behind me," Brosnan said.

But the 51-year-old's statement might be a negotiating ploy. Original Bond Sean Connery quit for a whole movie before being lured back for bigger bucks. If true, England-based Eon Productions, which produces the Bond flicks, must find another star to carry 007's Walther PPK in the 21st Bond movie, scheduled for release next year.

Speculation surrounds Brits Clive Owen, Ioan Gruffudd, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Gerard Butler, Jude Law and Ewan McGregor, as well as Aussies Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger and Eric Bana.

For Brosnan, playing Bond will always be a fond memory.

"We went out on a high," Brosnan said, "and I look back affectionately at that time and doing those four movies. But I've said all I gotta say on it."

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hugh Grant
    Oh look - humour can live on the newswire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I was just going to metion , how the **** did Grant get in that list .

I can just imagine , him running away from the bad guys with a gun in his hand .:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

So it looks like Pierce isnt doing that fifth Bond he wanted to do. Ah well.
    So who so you think will be the new Bond?? and who would you like to see??

I wouldnt mind seeing Colin "Fookin" Farrell. Or maybe Ewan McGregor but I think he is to small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

i read on the teletext on RTE(i think) yesterday that Orlando Bloom is supposed to play Bond in his school days, when he gets kicked out of Eton.

doesn't sound promising for Bond 21. maybe they're making a film of James Bond Jr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I think i heard somewhere that Quentin Tarantino approached Brosnan with a script/proposal for Bond and he (Brosnan) was quite interested in it ! Of course the producers would have none of it.

davej

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ioan Gruffudd, Gerard Butler

???????????????

Advertisement