Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7up ads outside pubs

• 27-07-2004 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

not sure if i'm posting this in the right area but does anyone else find it a bit weird that 7up - a soft drink aimed at kids - is advertising their mascot Fido Dido (aimed at kids) on those cigarette ashtray things outside of pubs?
    Next they'll be launching their own brand of cigarettes for kids

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

what? adults don't drink 7-up also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Many people drink soft drinks when they go out (even if just as a mixer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gidotcom

I know adults drink softdrinks - but advertise it on beermats or postcards inside pubs but not on grotty ashtrays - it gives a bad message to kids outside the pub - no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

sure , you could say that about any advertising these days, it's all about getting attention. like that persil ad that showed a guy's bare ass, everyone was omg !...it's usual to see a woman like that but a man is different....that brings me onto something else..why is it that when there is a nekkid woman on the telly girls dont mind looking but with guys the minute they see a nudey man, it's all like ''phucking 'ell man turn it off!'' . i have noticed this phenomenon among my male friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

How come we can show topless men on ads but not topless women?

Oops. Works both ways. Equality, wonderful thing isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

personally i find that the chest of a man is the part i look at least anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by NoelRock
    How come we can show topless men on ads but not topless women? .

there was that ad about chooseing/Voteing that had a Woman Breastfeeding .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your going to hate the 7up colostomy bag then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Big Ears
    there was that ad about chooseing/Voteing that had a Woman Breastfeeding .

Yea, saw this. It was very open with a full breast and nipple. Surprised it didn't case more of a stir. Then again I only saw it once, so perhaps it was pulled quickly after air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

yeah, I thought that ad was banned here (due to the infinite wisdom of our government)

• Advertisement

but with guys the minute they see a nudey man, it's all like ''phucking 'ell man turn it off!'' . i have noticed this phenomenon among my male friends.

I wonder how they manage in the showers after soccer etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

supposedly the soft drinks marketing people also want to target "designated drivers", so that could very well be the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Either ways its to make money :)

btw, did sprite or 7up come up wiht a mascot first? I can remember when neither had any mascot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    btw, did sprite or 7up come up wiht a mascot first? I can remember when neither had any mascot.

Sprite have a mascot?

Fido (the 7-up guy) was around years and years ago and then he went away...he's only recently come back. Anyone remember getting a bottle of 7-up at Christmas time and he'd be on it saying "Have a Cool Yule"?

I see Sprite Zero ads all around the place. No doubt they're trying to claw back market lost by people on the Atkins Diet and other low carb diets.

Advertisement