Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sallins/Athy

• 28-07-2004 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hey People,

Anyone in Sallins/Naas region who is interested in wireless broadband. Post here. There is going to be a definite service shortly as in 8th of August. There is a guy in Sallins who is starting a non profit wireless venture

Please support him by posting here. Lets see who is interested

He just wants to cover his costs so I think all of us ocals should support him

I have already signed up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

Sorry I meant "Sign Up" in a loose term.

Just put your interest here

Its actually Sallins / Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

there is one in maynooth (maybe you already know about it) i dont know how far it covers but maybe as far as clane??

ithe guy in charge of it is sound - he sells all the stuff needed too

Yeah he does.

He is using a system similar to the ripwave package that Irish BB offer. I think all equipment will cost in the region of €150.

Not bad I think.

Cant wait to get back BB

Sick of dialup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

The Osbridge p2410i is currently the best/easiest option for people to connect to a local access point within about 2km, it has the antenna built-in so you don't have to buy anything extra.

140euro ex.vat from here
    http://www.omniserv-inc.com/products.asp?id=1

• Advertisement

Anybody have any idea how far this is gonna spread?
    I'm outside Athy! About another 3 - 3½ miles away!

sorry mate. Its just salins naas area. Sorry my fault for being so thick

No hassle
    :D

Hi Wolfman,
    There should be another node accessible from Athy setup later this year.

Stephen

Cool. Any details on it?

• Advertisement

We have a site that is approx. 10km from Athy on a high location, however it will be a minimum of 2 months before it's setup, also it's not 100% definite but it is very likely that it will be setup. It will be an 802.11b based access point with Internet & WAN connectivity from Dublin. It maybe slightly far away to connect to for the average end user, however it would still be well within range of a good point to point link.

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nreynolds

I live within a few miles of Maynooth. Where can I get details on the wireless access there?

Thanks

Hi,
    If you visit http://kildarewan.net/, select Node Maps->Kildare, the Maynooth node operator on the map is the red (active) node with the hotmail address.

Stephen

sounds great

which side of athy is the site? if there is any way i can help i will certainly try. just send me a pm with your contact details

It's east of Athy, PM sent.

Cheers. Got the PM's. Thanks a lot. Keep in touch and let me know what's happening. That other interesting fact was good too!!!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

And we've currently got a node south of Athy, with los, but further away, around 20KM, so a bit far to practically connect to, but consider it a backup if you cant get into peanuts node.

Must be close to Carlow then??? Anywhere with a map??

Just checkin back in?

Any news yet on either Kildare side or Carlow side?

Some disruption due to holidays and stuff but hopefully will be back onto it in the next couple of weeks. Will post back here accordingly.

• Advertisement

No problem
    Will keep an eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I live in Athy, just out the dublin road, this would be savage if I could get some wireless internet because I cant get dsl.

Same problem here
    Different direction though.
    Out Ballylinan way

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Does anybody know if the signal will travel as far as Prosperous

I think it should go as far as prosperous providing you have LOS to sallins community centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Hi Lifebook,

This may seem a stupid question, but how to I check if I have LOS. Is there any quick & painless way to see if I am within the signal coverage.

Thanks

Advertisement