Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voodoo2 SLI configuration - Help!

Options
  • 08-06-1999 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Ok - So I've hooked up a *cough* spare Voodoo2 card (same make as original one) with all correct cables etc., and the hardware looks ok - but I can't get 1024x768 working sad.gif

I need help. What am I missing.

I have a P-450, 128mb Gateway with 19inch VX900 monitor, 2 x STB Blackmagic 12mb voodoo2 cards in an SLI config running under Windows 98.

I've downloaded latest STB drivers and latest 3DFX reference drivers - nothing makes any difference.

I can see TRIBES in windowed mode @1024x768 (on setup screen), but once I switch to fullscreen and hit APPLY - everything goes blank. I suspect is a refresh rate issue, but I'm not sure.

If I try to set the 3DFX settings on the standard 'properties' tab in Windows it bails out after 640x480. This happened when I had only one voodoo2, but I was able to set the 800x600 resolution in-game - so I don't think its anything to do with this.

Anyone else out there gone through the same hoops?

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've got my voodoos in SLI as well but dont have the problems you have, maybe its your cable ? I've a spare one, but that fact that you cannt run in 640 is a bit strange. Another thing to check is that you havent overclocked one of the cards or anything ?
    I'd try the Blackmagic drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Woohoo! - I'm sorted. Thanks to Ripper smile.gif

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

yay to me =)..hehe

Advertisement