Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

READ BEFORE POSTING OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

"Computer security is a field of computer science concerned with the control of risks related to computer use."

It is kind of sad to see this forum fill up with AV and spyware posts. I know it wasn't its intention and was occassionally fun to read.

I would recommend renaming the forum to a key phrase that people in the security industry would know and wouldn't have people wander in here when they should be going to the computer or OS related forums.

maybe something like "Security Engineering" or "Road Apple" forum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hey, Hobbes dragged up this year old thread, not me so don't ban me...peeeleasssse :D

Anyway, not a bad thought. The names Hobbes suggested or a re-name to 'Security Exploits' or similar would be a good idea and may stop the rot (if it hasn 't been stopped already).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It was a sticky thread :p

I don't think "Security Exploits" would be a good name because you would be getting the wanna be hackers coming in expecting to find exploits. Same reason I'd avoid hacking/cracking names.

Security engineering sounds a bit more professional and I thought road apple in case someone came across the forum in the front page or menus and didn't know what it was (and by entering activating the road apple :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hobbes wrote:
    It was a sticky thread :p
    Yes, I know, it was a joke (admittedly, a lame joke)
    Hobbes wrote:
    I don't think "Security Exploits" would be a good name because you would be getting the wanna be hackers coming in expecting to find exploits. Same reason I'd avoid hacking/cracking names.
    Now that you say it...yes...I agree...there goes my suggestion to call it "Zero-Day" :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It is tiresome, but when users get posts moved into the relevant forums or get a ban for posting something inappropriate the whinging is astounding. (In fact, I've lost mods over their unwillingness to babysit people who can't use their own computer).

I'll go back to enforcing the rules as stated here for a while and see how we get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

this site can be very frustrating at times dont get me wrong, its what ireland needs, its just not very user freindly, firs you got to read a list of mods rules, then you got to wacth how you type, no typo,s seem to be aloud, a lot of hassle, its a real pity, i liked this site at the start, but then got stick for the likes of not putting a space after a comma, come on for gods sake who cares, just do as the sites suppouse to and give me dam advice, a lot of mods are letting this site down badly, a lot are very helpfull, there has to be vetting on mods if this site is to succed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MadMossy

Hi Dogs

I hope I haven't made a blls of posting that Kaspersky issue there, it's just that I need to get it out about this problem. My PC is hanging constantly now, even as I type this. If it's in the wrong place tell me where to put it and I will move it asap.

Google Kaspersky Crashes and see, there are massive problems with this security software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Have you tried reinstalling all your icons ?

Advertisement