Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schizophrenia

• 28-07-2004 5:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,451 ✭✭✭✭

I feel guilty posting this link, but it has some good bits

http://www.drleons.com/schizo/closet.htm
    Schizophrenia is the fourth leading cause of morbidity in both women and men, the second leading cause of international terrorism, and the leading cause of war. Schizophrenia is a humorous brain disorder characterized by delusional thinking and unique but unpopular perceptions. Mental health professionals normally diagnose this illness if, during any one-month period of a person’s life, that person has suffered two or more of the following:

Delusions
    Hallucinations
    Disorganized speech
    Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
    Negative symptoms

NOTE: The sensory and physical abnormalities listed above are characteristically inherent in attorneys, politicians, mental health professionals, children under the age of five, and adults over the age of 70. It is inappropriate therefore, to diagnose people in any of these categories as suffering from schizophrenia. That is their natural state.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Hmmm....interesting. I think i suffer the catatonic behaviour.

Advertisement