Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bfv nations cup

Options
  • 28-07-2004 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

clanbase will be running a nations cup later this year and some of us think it would be a good idea to enter an Irish team for the first time. Have no solid info on the rules yet, espically for smaller nations but will post here to update when I hear. Anyway..just to guage everyones thoughts on this, if your interested let us know here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Aye, very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll be the flag carrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Meh interested to mr K.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spoungey

I can't wait for this tbh, any idea when it starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye; I'll be up for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Can i be drummer boy?

pa rum pum pum pum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

So you guys want to be in the number one irish clan sorry guys but we dont let Noobs in but NRG will be takin home the gold if yas realy want to know!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

we dont let Noobs in but NRG
    Then why are you in it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Sure if you need me I'd be up for it.

So you guys want to be in the number one irish clan sorry guys but we dont let Noobs in but NRG will be takin home the gold if yas realy want to know!! :p

Does the statement include the minor skirmish last night, where you learned that its not knifing people that matters, but what is, as Lucutus put it, is "laying the smackdown".

• Advertisement

Back to the Nations Cup gents, No thanks to Kami for dragging this thread off topic.

Any other players interested in representing Ireland in a Battlefield Vietnam International Arena?

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

talk to my agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Exactly how does this work?

How many per team etc:

kdjac

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Do ya have to be in a Clan to do this? I play a good bit like, but I can't be arsed with the bitchiness that goes on between clans and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

id do it ....as long as the Nachos are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

dregin-x wrote:
    Do ya have to be in a Clan to do this? I play a good bit like, but I can't be arsed with the bitchiness that goes on between clans and stuff like that.
    They started it first!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

They started it first!! :(

If you mean "They" as in TiG you would be totally mistaken. I believe it seems to have been your total muppertry which has given NRG a bad rep. I am very sorry for that as NRG do have a lot of potential.

The chances of muppets being picked for a national squad to represent the country is very low indeed aswell.

Also, Irish_Kamakazi attempt to drag a thread off topic again and a bannage might drag YOU off topic.

Don't mind em Kami, you just keep doing what your doin'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Sorry for fuelling that little fire, but could someone tell me whether or not i have to be in a Clan to try out for this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Can we only enter the one team or what?? Also whose gonna organise it?? Honestly think it would be better some1 who aint in a clan or related to anyone in to pick a team as the clan members would probably have a bias towards their members. But if we could enter a few groups why not just enter a few groups, save arguements.

Ideas of numbers allowed would be a help, & a website, dates etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its on clanbase strangley enough i cant find it.

www.clanbase.com

Rules for all are in there one country one team.

kdjac

Dregin, you don't have to be in a clan.

I wouldn't say anyone would be really biased. Think anyone who's willing to organise it can, its a bigger job than you think.

/me wipes sweat off brow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

I'm in alright.
    I think someone like Karma would be as unbiased as you get, he's always annoying us with 'see that <player>, he's a pretty good player. what you think of him...blah...blah...'
    Or maybe two organisers? It is a national team afterall. Can't muck it up.

Ireland is ranked crap in clanbase atm and I think the talent around at the moment is nothing to be sniffed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

well as far as I know you don't have to be in a clan but you do have to be a member of clanbase and they are surprisingly strict on residency/nationality which I found surprising.

Its only one Country one Team and as I said before there are certain rules reguarding member limits from one clan. However to have a real go at this your looking realistically of having a 15+ or 20 man squad,and fair enough for the likes of britian and europe with massive player pools Ireland doesn't have this luxury and to be honest the top ranked Irish players already play on navan. NRG and TIG are the only 2 Irish clans that i know of and there are a few other players like tango etc who would def walk into any team but to put a competitive squad in to limit a clan like tig to only 5 players would be an unfair handicap to a country with a small player pool.

I don't mind helping to organise it but would def wouldn't want to do it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Suggestion how about building as big a squad as possible from interested people based on rankings and whittle down to 20 as time and teamwork allow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 =ABE=

I agree wit karma its goina be hard 2 do it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Building a team based solely on rankings wont work. Each clan out there will have their superb highly ranked, by say bftracks, players but they will also have their role players.

Players who are given a specific task, such as defend point 2, mine road at a or b, spot for mortar postitions. These players will get a few kills during a match and most of the time will get killed a lot more themselves.

A good team will have a few of each type of player. Nobody needs Rambos, it jsut wont work tbh. Its sheer team work and communications that win matches like these.

Fairy

Anyone organising this?

I think Lucutus is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I second that.

Advertisement