Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teams last night?

Options
  • 28-07-2004 10:53am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What was with the teams last night they were uneven for a good few of the games I played (around 10ish) with 4 or 5 extra on the US side not budgeing. Not just at the start either but halfway through some games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The servers are seeing an influx of n00bs this week for some reason. N00bs are notorious for only playing as US man.

Auto-balance would work, but suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

Still reckon the server needs a kick for 5mins idle time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

n00bs who dont speak english ;)

Still there were enough others on to sort it out. (im bitter coz we got slaughtered a couple of times) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by MrShadow
    Still reckon the server needs a kick for 5mins idle time.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I stick with the team i get at the start, but if there uneven i swap over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if pb was put back on the server it would kick any one who is alt tabbed out fairly quick for losing key packets

this might be the way forward

After playing a few games of 1.1 I think the vote kick will sort it out (if it turned on?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah at the same time today i was playing pirates and the vote kicks and map votes every few minutes where as annoying as hell.

all hail the mighty admin kick of muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

even though it is good sometimes, it get a abused alot i've seen and stupid n00bs put a kick poll up every 2mins:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I don't find anything wrong with being out numbered as it gives me more killz and its good for practise, also i like to be a ranger and scalp lots of noobz with out being even hit. The thing is if you bring back PB then the server will lose most of its players and if that happens whats the point playing, just think PB updates just as you are about to reach your best and highest score ever bang your gone and so is the rest of the people from the server!! I think its better with more on one team than the other, just because it makes it harder for you and that if you can hold them back for about 6mins then your going to turn into a tank in a one on one, it makes your SPEED, REFLEX and ACCURACY get alot better. So stop complaining about to much players going against you because if you want to get better its a good way to go about it!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Kami you seem worried about the prospect of PunkBuster being switched on?

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

ok i dont want to soud thick here or anything,but i am relatively new to bfv and dont know exactly what punk buster does,any one want to enlighten me to this? :confused: i take it its something to do with keeping the cheats at bay.tbh i think cheating sux

fli wrote:
    ok i dont want to soud thick here or anything,but i am relatively new to bfv and dont know exactly what punk buster does,any one want to enlighten me to this? :confused: i take it its something to do with keeping the cheats at bay.tbh i think cheating sux

Basicly it stops people from cheating by checking their system for changes to the BFV files or for hacks like aim bots etc.

I havent had many isses with it (I was getting kicked with theupdate problem for a while) but others dont like it as they reckon it causes lag when it registers with the master servers and gets its updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Please if PB is switched on could you please make sure people dont get kicked for the losing key packets bug. This is one of the few servers that I dont have problems on.
    AFAIK it has to do with choke settings on server and apparently if choke is set to 56k everyone including BB'ers get better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The thing is if you bring back PB then the server will lose most of its players and if that happens whats the point playing, just think PB updates just as you are about to reach your best and highest score ever bang your gone and so is the rest of the people from the server!!
    So... in other words; if PB is turned on, you'll get kicked. Why, may I ask, should you fear getting kicked if your not cheating?

Advertisement