Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 Extra Minutes for ROTK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

One of the most highly anticipated new scenes features the return of Christopher Lee’s Saruman.

...GO SARUMAN!!!!!!

Such a crime to cut out lee from the original.

Lots of new stuff with gandalf too. Gandalf is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

250 mins altogether.... wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm hoping they do lengthen the ending and put in the Saruman taking ovet the Shire subplot.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent! Can't wait! And I must watch all three extended editions back to back. It clocks in at:

Fellowship: 208
    Two Towers: 223
    Return of the King: 250
    Total: 681 minutes or 11 hrs 21 minutes of one story! Woot! (And clearly an X-Files reference :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Originally posted by ixoy
    And clearly an X-Files reference :)

How so? It's that long since I've seen the X-Files my memories have grown warm and fuzzy like bread mould in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

And I must watch all three extended editions back to back.

That's my plan! I was amazed by all the great stuff that was cut from the first two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

that all sounds good, even if the subplot of Saruman in the Shire is left out. The extended edition will thus be a lot closer to the book. That will be a full day of viewing. I have my plan drawn up already:

10:00am - wake up and shower, shave, s**t, and all that stuff
    11:00am - cook a big Irish breakfast
    11:20am - put first disc in dvd player, sit in front of telly with Irish breakfast and press play (first ensuring that the fridge has been filled with refreshing drinks and is within easy reaching distance from the seat and there is a menu for a Chinese take-away nearby too)

And then stay there all day, and what a great day it will be. 11 hours and 21 minutes of Middle Earth greatness! I cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I think everyone has had this plan. I've even ordered my colostomy bag :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by John2
    How so? It's that long since I've seen the X-Files my memories have grown warm and fuzzy like bread mould in the sun.

1121 appeared numerous times in The X-Files series, either as a date (11/21) or a time 11:21. It generally occured at portentious times in the show (i.e. arc episodes) so, if it came up, you could guess something was going to happen. It comes from Chris Carter's wife's birthday.
    Other number that featured was 1013 because 13th of October was Carter's birthday himself (I think 1114 came in too because of Piper Anderson's birthday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

it would be nice if ugc did a marathon viewing of the three of them

they did that for a load of the star trek movies years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

a marathon viewing would be tiring to be honest. there's an awful lot to take in. you'd end up just spending the latter half of rotk slagging the gimps in costumes (you KNOW they'd show up).

anyway, dvd sounds cool. read about it earlier on badassmofo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'm glad to see that the House of Healing bit will be in it. Without that scene, it didn't make a huge amount of sense that the throne of Gondor be handed over to Aragorn like that; I mean, do they just take his word for it that he is Isildur's heir? Very trusting times they were....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Roll on November! I'll probably watch one each night. Order on play.com and few days later, watch the first 2, then by then, hopefully, the third will have arrived! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ye I think the DVDs will be better to watch at home then in a public cinema - 12 hours in a cinema :eek:, no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Twelve hours in a cinema=bad. What if you need an extended potty break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

byte wrote:
    Roll on November! I'll probably watch one each night. Order on play.com and few days later, watch the first 2, then by then, hopefully, the third will have arrived! :)

I hate to tell you this, but this year you have to wait until December for it to be released. Exact date not known yet but December was confirmed at Comic Con.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

oh I thought it was Late November. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

My idea is to use my university's capabilities to the fullest. We have a screening room for film studies big projector and no cinema reponsibilities...was thinking start around 9pm 10pm go all night with the film society and then off to the local for a big breakfast...muhahahahahaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

it would be nice if ugc did a marathon viewing of the three of them

they did that for a load of the star trek movies years ago

The way they run the place now, that'll never happen. On the other hand, I know at least one society that'll surely show all three back to back in someone's house, with beer and nibbles. Much more comfortable than those nasty lecture halls, anyway.

Advertisement