Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed!

Options
  • 28-07-2004 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I purchased PC memory on the Boards here at the start of the month. Swapped details via PM and transferred cash online on the 6th. A few days passed with no reply from him confirming he'd received the money, or that he'd sent the memory on to me.

Now it's almost the end of the month and I've STILL received nothing.. I can't PM the individual because his PM mailbox is full, but I've emailed him at the address listed on his profile, txted his mobile and left a voicemail message - all without reply.

I've checked the PM logs and I know that the person was online yesterday at 7pm so I'm sure he's aware I've been trying to contact him. I tried PM'ing again now and am still getting an "Inbox full" error - I've also PM'd Keeks (as a Mod for that forum) yesterday but no reply as yet.

Can one of the Mods here please contact me and let me know what (if anything) can be done at this point?

Thanks,

Ian.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

I hope you get your money or get what you paid for Kaiser. Still, it was a bit naiive of you to transfer the money before receiving anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by midget lord
    Still, it was a bit naiive of you to transfer the money before receiving anything.

Not really naive, I thought that was the norm here on boards, that the buyer lodges the money and then the seller posts the item!

Kaiser, you should just name & shame the guy.

Hope everything worrks out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well as the person involved is a Mod on these Boards I assumed all would be ok you see....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

if it goes on any longer, name and shame??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I always deal on boards and sending the money first and then forwarding the product once the seller receives is the norm! it is a question of good faith which seems to be lacking in this situation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper
    if it goes on any longer, name and shame??

TBH

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

"Naming and shaming" without establishing contact or getting the other side of the story is probably a mistake.

I occasionally get PMs from people in situations similar to this (and then I promptly ask Vexorg what I should do ;) ), and being perfectly honest it's something I'd rather not get involved in but I will try to offer some assistance if I can. As with many things on boards, a private communication makes me feel more comfortable about investigating and trying to resolve the situation than finding that there's a thread somewhere where everyone is throwing their 2c in.

Some notes though,

Include a link to the thread where the deal took place. (Btw, It's amazing how many people ask for assistance even thought it transpires that the deal took place off-thread! Please don't do that, the For Sale mods have the rule there for a good reason!). Present the facts about why the deal hasn't been satisfactory, what response you got from the person you were dealing with or what attempts you made to contact them. Please please please don't just present the conclusions you've reached from your interpretation of the facts and assume that we're going to immediately take sides, that just puts us in a very awkward situation. There are some dodgy dealers out there but equally there also some genuine misunderstandings.

Hi ecksor,

First, thanks for your reply (and the same to the rest of you folks) :)

As I mentioned at the start, I have PM'd Keeks about this with the same information as to the events as I've posted here - I also named the individual and included a link to the thread in question in that PM.

One of the reasons I "escalated" it (if you will) in this manner, is that as the person is a Mod, I thought perhaps other Mods might have some means of contacting him (eg: a personal email address that's not available to general users of the Boards like myself) to let him know I'm trying to get in touch with him.

It's precisely because I'm still hoping that there's just been some sort of misunderstanding or unforseen circumstances involved that I did not include this extra information in my initial post on this thread. But as I've not received any response about it from the individual or Keeks as yet, I thought I'd post it in here for any additional suggestions/advice people may have, rather than PM'ing all the mods seperately.

Thanks,

Ian.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When you've done what Ecksor suggests you can drop one or other of us a line with the name of the user involved. A PM from me asking for them to sort it out usually gets a response but I cant (and we DONT) take any responsibility for their actions.
    Caveat Emptor.

DeV.

DeVore/ecksor,

I tried sending you both a PM this morning with the relevant details as I'd sent them on to Keeks at the start of the week, but it appears your PM inboxes are full...will try again this afternoon.

Ian.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Just to update you...

Registered letter arrived this morning containing the 2 memory chips in question and working fine... :)

Thanks again!

Ian.

Advertisement