Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outlook express

Options
  • 28-07-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Outlook Express has stopped working on my machine. It starts to open then hangs the eggtimer just keeps running and when I press ctrl alt del it says not responding. I have no virus ran avg and housecall adaware reinstalled outlook too. Please help if you can. Its very annoying cant access emails at all.
    gonk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

not enough info posted really, what O.S. are you using ?

you could install another e-mail program to check that it's not an error specific to outlook but....

thats proably not going to fix it , in the past i've always run a repair of windows (pop in the cd and run repair) then reinstall outlook and hey presto it's fixed (99% ott)

njoy and keep backups every now and then to prevent all this messing about in future.

Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

sorry running me. Will try the cd...will try to find it moving at the moment and everything packed:dunno:
    thanks
    gonk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

What version of OE are yopu running? OE 5.5? OE 6? OE 6 SP1?

Have you checked http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to get the latest OE patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Running oe6sp1 i think. Yes have downloaded all the patches. Cant find my box of installation cds that will teach me to label boxes before I seal them with half a ton of packing tape :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Outlook has also stoped working with me... I donno why??, i did not change any major settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement