Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Business Server 2003

Options
  • 28-07-2004 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am looking at purchasing a new server for 20-25 users. Someone told me that the best solution would be Windows Small Business Server 2003 with additional licences. I rely on IT advice from an outside consultant. He tells me that for the number of users I have, I would be better with Windows Server 2003. What I don’t want is to end up with a complex system that I will never understand. My ideal solution is an easy to administer system that incorporates my file server, printer server and email. Any advice???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

for 25 users, sbs 2003 could actually end up more expensive than something like oem 2003 server(additional licenses on sbs are about 140 per license comoared to 40 (approx) for extra windows server CALS) , with mdaemon or equivalent running on it...the other problem is that sbs is a MASSIVE product making it difficult to completely administer...you will also need to think about your hardware requirements to running exchange on sbs as compared to running mdaemon on server 2003....

also i would check out www.sbs2000.info for cheet sheets, forum advice etc...

I would also suggest looking at www.mdaemon.com for a viable alternative to exchange (cheaper, easier to administer etc)

Advertisement