Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AD - Group Policy Editor?

Options
  • 28-07-2004 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

hoping there are some admins out there who can help.

Currently fiddling with a new 2003 server and using the group policy editor to lock down domain user/computer accounts. It 'looks' to me like I have applied the Group Policy Editor setting correctly but when I log in on a domain computer it doesn't apply the settings.
    When I loggoff-logon to the 2003 server itself, the setting do apply (just using a logon message to test)

Any clues about what to poke a stick at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Paul.K

Firstly,

Your domain computers must be either Windows 2000 or Xp for domain grp policy settings to be implemented. Secondly are you locking down domain accounts at domain level or OU level. For example if I need to restrict access to control panel items. I would simply go into the default domain policy through AD Comp and Users and configure individual policy settings and apply these at domain level for example. I would then go to a client computer and logon using a domain user account. Dont forget you can only link policies at site, domain and OU level. Just make sure your policy is link to either container.

Paul.

Advertisement