Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds loyal fans

• 28-07-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Leeds fans would appear to have finally put behind them the misery of last season's relegation from the Premier League.

Season-ticket sales for the forthcoming Coca-Cola Championship have so far exceeded expectations, with more than 18,000 sold, and with the figure likely to hit around 20,000 before the campaign starts on August 7.

If the club achieve such a target, that would be just 5,000 down on last season, and much more than was anticipated.

David Thomson, United's Head of Ticketing & Retail, said: ``The figures are very encouraging for us and I am sure it will give Kevin Blackwell and his players a lot of encouragement knowing that the fans are very much behind them.''

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This will be a big boost for them , although I beleive they will finnish about 16th in the league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Great to see.....they've always had a good following though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Dirty Leeds fans are quite a loyal bunch, well at least the ones in Leeds. Not so the great Irish football public. I know a travel agent who was taking buses to every Leeds game home and away Europe included, around 3 years ago, funny the demand is down now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Funny - I'm a Brit & when I lived in England (10yrs + ago), Elland Road was always the best of grounds to visit in competitions - they'e a hard bunch, but always appreciated bit of banter......

You'd always be welcome up there & hard as they were, they'd stand you a pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

They're hard alright. Read the extracts from "Scum Airways" on their away trips, class stuff. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I think they should all jump ship and join a proper team......Shef Wed.....haha! we need as many season tickets holders as possible:p

Advertisement