Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So.... What's your style?

• 28-07-2004 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Well i havew to sayt i just adore fresh and funky stylings if its not a yellow jumper its a pair of peach loafers. This summer citrus shades are all the rage , no more dark sk8r gear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

I love bright pastel colors too.. All my summer wardrobe is full of bright colored v-necks. Even in winter, i never wear black. Its too boring.

Think i got a hatred to it because anything my mother has ever bought has been black!! Seriously, most of her clothes are BLACK. They might have some color in them but mostly black!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Surfer,

Board shorts, cords, t-shirts, loose shirts and flip flops. Or else Loose jeans, those funky puma runner type things and t-shirts. I am rugby playing surfer what more can i say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've been described as "indie"

Much to my mother's dismay I'm most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt/twofer and a pair of chucks, as such I live in this sort of clothing.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say usually a pair of combats, cords, or jeans and a T-Shirt.
    Occaisionally a nice shirt if I wanted to dress up.

And almost always a pair of Doc Martens, or occaisionally a pair of New Rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I like bright colours, usually wear combats/jeans/cords with a tight t-shirt or a v-neck jumper or hoodie or something like that. Gotten into pink this Summer in a big way for some reason :p I rarely wear shoes, unless I'm going out. I'd generally wear runners or canvas shoes/skate shoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And almost always a pair of Doc Martens, or occaisionally a pair of New Rocks.

Ahh, love New Rocks. I'm too poor for them, though. =( An can't wear Docs 'cause of my skinny feet. *melodrama*

Anyways, umm.. my "style" is pretty random stuff. Stripes, really odd colour combinations I like although I have quite a lot of black stuff. 'Ve got baggy jeans as well as tight ones so it's fairly mixed there. Converse shoes and big hoodies... anything that looks interesting is good. Don't really restrict myself as such, although I feel white is bad in anything but tshirts... 'specially when you've got a dog.

Ahh, love New Rocks. I'm too poor for them, though.

Well, just to let you know, if you do ever get the money for them, they *WILL* last you for years. I've gone through about 3 pairs of Doc Martens since I got the New Rocks, and they're still in great condition, and well comfy. Some of the metal details have come off, but other than that, I've had them about 4, maybe 5 years now.

Probably coz the only walking you do is to the pub/offy and home again :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, I walk quite a lot, thank you very much. Not only because I'm too much a cheap-ass git to pay for the bus every time I head to town, but because where I was going to college was right the other side of galway and I'd need to take two busses to get there, so I was damned if I was paying that. Took about an hour to walk.

Though that would probably explain wearing out the docs moreso than the longevity of the New Rocks.

If you say so :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I do say so :rolleyes:

Well Kenny, you and your New Rocks sure put me in my place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Winter Skanger on sort of a Dunnes Stores vibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

At the moment, I'm loving the whole 50's thing going on for women. I've bought lots of flared skirts and dresses, and am really enjoying wearing them.

A year ago, I wouldn't have thought that this would be my style at all, but I lost 2 stone in weight, and realised that I could wear these.

I've have a shoe fetish, and love puma runners at the moment. Right now I'm tending to wear them with rolled up jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Whatever doesn't stick when I throw it at the wall in the morning.

I'm something of a fan of black, combats, and boots. Although a tshirt and gilet is good for when it's too hot got go around looking like Morpheus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sarky wrote:
    Whatever doesn't stick when I throw it at the wall in the morning.

I'm something of a fan of black, combats, and boots. Although a tshirt and gilet is good for when it's too hot got go around looking like Morpheus.

but morpheus is so coooool, its never to hot to be him!!!! :P

Today was. Tshirt, gilet, jumper round the waist in case it rains. No idea if it was fashionable, but I was comfortable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

METAL!!!!

Seriously, past 2 years or so has been pretty much blue/black jeans with Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Guns N Roses shirt. If im feeling saucy, Tye Dyed blue shirt or purple cords :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I tend to just wear t-shirts and jeans most of the time, though I have a long blue tie-dye skirt that I love. I have a pair of red Chinese satin Converse boots that I live in at the moment, or else my Docs or else my uber-comfy skatey shoes. I can't stand the colour pink, or most other pastels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Today, it was;
    A nintendo mushroom hoody (Baggy and navy with a blue mario mushroom on it), Navy tracksuit pants and a plain black wrangler tshirt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Hmmm, Typical day would be a long black skirt, New Rocks or Blue Docs and a white beater vest. If its not comfy then I ain't wearing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Today,

Jeans, and a bright summery orange t-shirt.

Today, navy trousers, blue shirt, and clip on tie.

Bloody work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Mainly tight jeans and t-shirts,
    or other type of trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Moi, I'm mostly wearing courdroy skirts/jeans, woolly jumpers (it's getting cold), a black trench coat, black converse runners (they always look so cool) or pink flat shoes (look glamorous but are comfortable towear) at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Mostly...actually all plain green / blue tshirt an jeans with my demim jacket (summer) or leather jacket (winter). I also have a couple of band tshirt to jazz it up occasionally.

Boot-Cut Jeans, Red Longsleeve T-Shirt, Red/Grey DC Shoes.

From Tuesday on...

Blue Shirt, Grey Trousers, Navy Jumper and Red and Blue Striped Tie. Except Weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

right now i'm wearing

black zipper hoodie
    plain dark tshirt
    brown cords
    dark blue enties (skate shoes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bunnyefey wrote:
    Hmmm, Typical day would be a long black skirt, New Rocks or Blue Docs and a white beater vest. If its not comfy then I ain't wearing it.

isnt it wife beater vest ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Giorgio Armani ALWAYS wears plain black v-neck tee (IMO label inconsequential if it fits right, but Boss do nice ones), not too tight, not too baggy, it's a classy look IMO, and women go for it.
    Mostly wear navy and black, some grey, but prefer "petrol".

Mostly go for dark blue/navy jeans, not a big fan of faded denims, but recently purchased pair of dark denims with faded front. Again, not a look that I go in for, but the kids these days, eh?

Clean-shaved, well-groomed, dark colours, that's me. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Heh, I can't think of a suitable adjective so "random mixture" it is.

Colourwise I prefer dark colours or "army drab"...none of this bright colours/pastel nonsense for me, thank you very much. Footwear is normally skate shoes (comfortable), trainers (convenient), or occasionally a pair of DM boots. I avoid tight trousers wherever possible, usually going for cargo pants or combats. I tend to wear something with longsleeves under a short-sleeve t-shirt. When it's cold I wear a long black coat or zip-front hoodies. Hmmm.

Today's selection is : plain navy tshirt, navy cargo pants, cheap-ass trainers from dunnes which are nonetheless every bit as comfortable and durable as pretty much any brand you want to name, and a hoodie from Andean Times (local place that stocks clothes made in South America - a bit expensive, but worth a look if you fancy something a bit different).

Today, I am wearing pants. It's unoriginal I know, but it avoids controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I vary between looking like a scruffy hobo to looking really girly.
    I used to just live in my bagies and t-shirts but now im wearing lots of girly skirts and lots of pink.
    What has become of me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

well today I wore dark red cord jeans and yellow top....my style is my style and i dont really care what other people think of it.im not really down with the whole rocker drab look though with just wearing black on a scorcher of a day,i dont get it!!but thats there own style at the end of the day i suppose
    i dont wear rocker clothes or scags clothes,im just in between and i love bright colours,not tackyness, just happy colours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I just wore tracksuit bottoms today.. there really comfortable!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

hmm, today i r wearing...

pair of white skechers trainers, blue diesel jeans (worn look), sky blue Sector Nine t-shirt, grey nike sweater/jumper and a plain black nike cap/hat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

Tusky wrote:
    isnt it wife beater vest ?
    *cough* well yeh, but written too quickly it would have been like a tongue twister for my hands. I don't write what I wouldn't say and white wife beater vest was a bit hard for me.

Hmmmmm, why do people here always seem to be correcting others over silly things like that. Im a nice gal, forgive me for my online sins......I've never posted on an Irish forum before :o

Blue Faded FCUK Bootcut Jeans, Red Long-sleeved T-shirt, Black Short Sleeved Shirt, Grey/Red DC Skate shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

I tend to favour sweater sets, they are so in! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

superconor wrote:
    METAL!!!!

Seriously, past 2 years or so has been pretty much blue/black jeans with Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Guns N Roses shirt. If im feeling saucy, Tye Dyed blue shirt or purple cords :D

now THAT is style

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Right now i have on a black t-shirt with white writing on it (funny stuff)
    and Baggy jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Mainly topman t-shirts with different things on them must have about 25 of them. lots of faded jeans.ripped jeans and different types of shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

well i have 3,
    my bf's dad think's his son is dating 3 sisters.
    one is my work wear black loose slacks wit nice colourful top(red's purple's and blue's only)
    then we got my casual which is baggy pant's and tight black top's and big ass huddy's
    lastly is my night geer which is either black red or black and red dresses and top's and skirts

foot wear is always newrocks or dc's (black)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Tend to stick to black in the winter if I can help it. Like dressing in either very feminine classic dresses, miniskirts or jeans. I will always have something on that is quirky and I normally have something on that reminds me of a loved one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hmmm now im wearing

-Black combats
    -T-shirt with a Texan flag with skull on it (it's older then me 0_0)
    -And a pair of NewRocks with a cool fire design on them.

I'm actualy very comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I go for a bit of a pirate style. Big boots, baggy pants, a ripped white shirt and a patch over my eye. Oh and a parrot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IVor

Gots to be flared jeans not 60's style ones but not the ones that go into your socks. Jeans that cover 3/4 of my puma's ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Hmmm..now I'm wearing my school uniform because I'm too lazy to get changed yet. But yesterday I wore a Nirvana t shirt, a long black cardigan thing, very wide black jeans, Vans and black bracelets.

This rather nifty top, dark pants, and my beloved leather trenchcoat. It's very much a winter day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

While in college.. just casual stuff! Mostly semi baggy pants & a funky tshirt. If its colder out.. a cosy hoody or zip up.

As for shoes.. well i dont really go for heels at all. Converse & vans etc.

Would love to go out at the weekends dressed the same but i have to make a bit of an effort. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement