Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So.... What's your style?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Designer Casual......... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Really baggy jeans, from eager beaver (comfiest trousers in the world, my last...seven pairs of trousers, I think, were bought there), and a string top or tshirt, generally tight, cause my chest is my best feature :P and my red generic-copy-of-docs boots, or my latest cheap ass runners, or very occasionally my newrocks. Jumpers go from big and wooly to velvet or cord suit jacket thingys, and I've got my leather trench or my long black generic rain coat thing. And I like green atm. Oh, and blue hair, which is probably fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Right now? Blue cardigan with a rainbow across the middle, baggy jeans (which got DESTROYED coming into college this morning, skate-type runners (sooo comfy...:D) and my UCD TKD jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Grey Trousers... Blue Shirt... Navy/Red Tie...

SCHOOL UNIFORM :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Pink shoes with a blue lace in my right shoe and a pink lace in my left shoe. Jeans that are too big for me. My Red Piste Hoody (that I almost always wear) a red paul frank t-shirt and blue knickers.

Smart-Cas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

funky grungy stuff. converse or purple docs with cool laces! gotta have the converse or docs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

flares, funky low neck t shirts, tight sweaters, or those funky 1950's stylee things that are going round at the mo, like the kind of prom dresses...been working my way back thru the decades...started at the 70's in the summer, went all hippy like, bead, tie dye, linen...bit nasty...then to the sixties with mini skirts and head bans...then i realised that we are what 57' or 53' north of the equator here or something...so i opted for the 1950s style...just cos its warmer...by joe get me a cup of coco and my slippers i think gabriel byrne is on the wireless. but on a colege day tis usually, jeans t shirt, hoodie, my beloved golas and my beloved gola bag......sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Pink shoes with a blue lace in my right shoe and a pink lace in my left shoe.
    Woah....you're blowing my mind.

This inspirational post has given me the guts to wear odd socks tomorrow.
    'BOW DOWN BEFORE ME WORLD...FOR NO LONGER DO I BARE YOUR SHACKLES!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Black.

With the occasional dash of red.

And boots. Always the boots.

Tommy H Jumper, Worn Jeans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hobo Sheik / NYC Drug Dealer

I.E. Well worn leather jacket, falling apart hoodie, cold red runny nose, tattered runners and pants that cover my shoes but are torn at the bottom.

I kind of discovered this style by just not purchasing many new clothes over the past 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

Nonchalant Middle-Classer

All clothes worn will be devoid of any real stylistic approach, going for trendless - but comfortable! - polyester/cotton combination.

Clothes will be bought sporadically, usually in bouts of hypermania following a drought of any kind of variation of clothing, and usually after the subject notices more attention than he/she would like regarding the dismannerly and tattered state of his/her current wardrobe.

Headgear can be randomly implemented and then disgarded without any thought of compatibility.

Shoes will be either A) Sparse and well-worn or B) Collected in varying degrees of degradation, (usually only two pairs are worn anyway)

Purchases will usually be made last minute, and with as little thought as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Graphic, dull and simple. Mainly I wear just above the knee skirts in red or black or red/black with tights and flat leather boots(no more do I fear walking through long wet grass!). If I'm feeling lazy I wear black pinstripe trousers or tight black cords teamed with thin green or black jumpers. And I usually wear interesting earrings and a hairband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Latent Curehead

Preppy / Classicist

Smart tailoring. Strong, simple, feminine accessories. Natural fabrics. I pretty much ignore the seasonal trends which, to me, are just a cynical marketing exercise and an excuse for the magazines to fill their empty pages. I stick with the classics.

This year however, I am thrilled to see the return of the 50s, when women knew how to dress like women and the overall 'ladylike' trend for us younger women. Who knows? - maybe the Grace Kelly headscarf and sunnies look may even catch back on. In the meantime, I will continue to wear it defiantly!

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." Yves Saint Laurent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

gothic style I s'pose
    Black skirts, Fishnets or stripy socks/tights, Doc's or New Rocks and a corset or t shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

t-shirt and baggy jeans(pretty generic i know but hey I like it)

polo-shirt and baggy jeans :p no i have no normal jeans, I need to buy lots of new clothes.

Ry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Black,black and black :)

anyway all my clothes are hmm,jeans,cords,slightly baggy trousers and generic black slightly baggy trousers.various hoodies and many,many black tshirts,some long sleeved.Most are of bands that i like,slayer carcass etc.hmm i also have many shirts(mostly black :p some green or red).

Advertisement