Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN Tribes1 and IGN Tribes2 Performance

Options
  • 15-06-1999 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Cloud,

Could you do a quick check on performance please? I've noticed that over the last week, maybe two weeks I'm getting better pings from F9, BW and NGI than I am from IGN1 and IGN2. sad.gif

The weird thing is IGN3 hasn't caused too much hassle. Strange init?

Anyway - it might be just me, but in case its not I figured you should know about it.

Thanks. smile.gif

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Strange Coyote.

Has the ping changed since it moved from Tribes to Vishnu?

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

last night the lag was soooooooooo horrible, 7 and 8 second freeze ups :/

as others will testify..

Gah.

Everyone had this?

I would have thought three Tribes servers wouldn't have been too much load for the new box, but it may have been due to the main IGN domain server Kali going down last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Cloud,

This isn't just since last night. I've been getting 'freezes' and inconsistant pings for somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks now. I think its really since TRIBES3 came online.

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

Ahhh....

Okay, for tonight I will shut down Tribes 3.

Perhaps Tribes is intensive on similar resources.

Let me know if it's any better tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lucifa

Yes something was wrong last night. I've got ISDN and I was getting lag as well.

Lucifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Cloud, two things for you.

1) I met some dude running around using your nick on IGN1 a few minutes ago.

2) The lag on IGN1 sucks bigtime at the mo (10.15pm) . I've had to quit and go elsewhere. Too frustrating.

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

give ocean a go...they are pretty good, and its free, had the a/c set up in 5 mins over the net. I stress that they are ok AT THE MOMENT, once their subscribers increase the performance may get worse.

Well T3 is down so I dunno so :/

BTW not me!

I'll be the Cloud-Warrior one :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I don't think it's a server problem... Just TINet being crap as usual, I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

that lad running around with the cloud nick was just a newbie who didnt know any better - i told him there was alrewady someone using the nick an he said he'd change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

don't ocean have some kinda thing going where you use the powerline/fiber-optics to connect to the net ? i've gone looking at their site...but it's just not simple enough for me right now (tired and impatient) so methinks i'll go pester one of their phone ppls..
    =)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

wow power lines, thatd be something (wasnt it invented by some irish ppl?).
    neway try ocean.ie aswell (the phone company), i might have a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

going back to the servers preformance

I have been on for an hour plus on both of the last two nights and have only lagged once. (and that was just whan teeth and fiend were running into my base *doh*)

last night I did not lag at all.

At the same time I do have quite a handy set up smile.gif

And with ocean - you get what you pay for wink.gif

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

Advertisement