Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nape or scaffold

Options
  • 28-07-2004 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

hi, this is my first piercing and was thinking of either getting a scaffold or my nape pierced in the shape of a triangle.

i would like to know how much it will hurt , both physically and my wallet. i want to get it done in a porper place , not the back of a sex shop or somewhere that is in temple bar.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

the main placese in temple bar, like BodyShock or Metalmorphsis are proper places, and as to how much it will cost, you'd be better to go into a piecring shop and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

pierced in the shape of a triangle? i dont see how thats going to be done without more than one piercing so that'd probably cost you 100quid or more. plus, when i was getting it done my piercer told me its a very painful piercing compared to some others so if its only your first maybe going for something a little less painful and easier to take care of etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

i didnt think it was possible till i saw my mates , still confuses the hell out of me.

pain isnt really an issue tbh. just curious as to what to expect etc.

thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

it hurts

but everybodys different.

Originally posted by Shazbot
    till i saw my mates

try and think of something original!

well obviously you cant be THAT original with piercings, but dont go for something EXACTLY the same as your mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by ThenComesDudley
    the main placese in temple bar, like BodyShock or Metalmorphsis are proper places,

haha that's a laugh, I wouldn't get my earlobe pierced in MM!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

go to snakebite on abbey street, guys really nice there, good piercers too, i got my scaffold in body shock, nightmare to heal, conch in snakebite was just fine.

And go with the nape i says!

I got my nape done on saturday afternoon . went to snakebite. the guys were really friendly and informative. wasnt very painfull , just a pinch when the needle was going in and a bigger pinch when it was coming out.

it was 76 euros which wasnt bad considering they advice me to go back for check ups and they change the bars for free if its needed

change the bar? i was told that was unadviseable when i got mine done.
    what kind of bar do you have in it?

the bar is a standard shape |___________| with the balls at the top of the vertical bits. the piercer said that in time the vertical bits will stick out more so he will replace the bar with smaller vertical bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 biblo

Check out the Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green. It's a little pricey but it's damn good.

thats like mine too. i was told its not really a good idea to change it, can be messy and awkward. stupid confusing conflicting advice!

Advertisement