Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hajduk Split Vs Shelbourne (Scores)

• 28-07-2004 5:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hope Shels do well but Split are a good team,one thing Shels have going for them is Split are just back training a few weeks so maybe shels will be a bit sharper.

Kick Off is 7:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Come on Shels.:)

anywhere I can listen or watch the match ? .

I wish Euro sport showed this instead of feckin Alpen Cup(a pre-season tournament).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

$h€£$ took an early lead. Glen Fitz after five minutes.

Hadjuk have since equalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Its half time and still 1-1. This is a team that Boksic, Rapaic and Tudor came through the ranks. They have a stadium with a capacity of nearly 40,000. Go on Shels!!!

2-1 Split .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

3 -1 Hadjuk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

3- 2 Hadjuk .. Moore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

3-2 to Shels

Alan Moore right at the end.

Great result for the lads, now all they need to do is score against these in Tolka next week.

What a great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's a great result, 1-0 or 2-1 at home could be achievable. :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Delight Moore got that goal at the end. I really hope Shels get threw to the next round. they could meet Rangers/Madrid/Man United/Liverpool.

It would be $hels all the way then. Fair play to them again, to go through 2 rounds of the CL would be an absolutely massive breakthrough for an Irish team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Fair ****s to Shels! Even speaking as a Bohs fan I reckon they can get the 1-0 in 2nd leg and win the tie.

Shudder to say but I'll be at Tolka willing them onto success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Just a reminder that if you're going next week the kick off has been pushed forward to 7pm, it's not at 7:45 like the last match.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Good result for them. Hope everyone gets behind them for the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The 2nd leg kick off is next wednesday at 7 O'Clock , I hope as many people try to go to cheer on the reds ... If interest is high you might be better picking up tickets before the game from tolka park or www.ticketmaster.ie ....

Hadjuk will definetly still be favourites , but all Shels need is a 1-0 win , and being in that position after the first leg is all they could hope for .

gaught , just imagine an Irish side in the 3rd qualifying stage . :)

Great result. If they win this they will more than likely be playing one of the big guns in round 3. Imagine Real or Juve in Tolka. :D Also, if they get through to the next round and lose, they go straight into the UEFA cup 1st round proper. So, win this and there quarantees 4 more games. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Fair play to them. Would be great if they got through. A good vociferous home crowd could make all the difference.

Just saw the goals on TV3, Moore got through the Hadjuk defence with incredible ease. After he scored, one of the Shels players was straight over to the goal to get the ball on the spot, you think he would have been over the moon with 3-2. :D

Can't see it selling out, but it should draw over the 6,000 mark.

This is the kind of game that RTE and TV3 should be fighting over, but there's no junkets to me had out of Irish football, hence the **** are not interested.

Bateman wrote:
    Can't see it selling out, but it should draw over the 6,000 mark.

This is the kind of game that RTE and TV3 should be fighting over, but there's no junkets to me had out of Irish football, hence the **** are not interested.

if Shelbourne win the they'll be fighting over the next tie .

the've no fecking faith in Irish football .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Almost definately will be there. SHould be a cracker!

It will be a better game than the KR Reykjavik game, because Shels have one or two players back from injury now, most importantly Glen Fitzpatrick. It means the attacking options will be better than what was witnessed in Tolka last Wednesday.

Also, Shels have no game this weekend, which was not the case last time, as they had to play Drogheda on the Sunday before the KR game, so they will be more refreshed, and without the distraction of a league game to prepare for.

Forza Shels

*\ edit:

Just a reminder, the game is at Seven O'Clock next weds, I know its been posted before, but just a reminder.

Next round draw details for winners of this tie ...

RC Deportivo La Coruña v HNK Hajduk Split/Shelbourne FC

Deportivo board member Jesús Rebollo: "Deportivo are favourites in such matches and it is likely that we will cause our opponents more problems than they can cause us. We would prefer to play Shelbourne because we are more familiar with Irish football and it suits our game better. Hajduk would be a very tough nut to crack."

Hajduk coach Ivan Katalinic: "Of course, we still have our task to do against Shelbourne next week but if get to the next round, the pressure will be off us against the favourites from Spain. They are among the best clubs in Spain but we will have a chance because their championship has not started yet and we will have played four or five games before our match against Deportivo."

Shelbourne captain Owen Heary: "Deportivo would be a great draw for us, if we can beat Hajduk. We never get to test ourselves against a Spanish club. It would be a very tough tie, but we can't look too far ahead."

Anyone who watches Spanish football regularly on Sky will be familiar with Depor but having seen them a few times over the past few years, they are a highly disciplined team, similar to Valencia in that they rely on hardwork and teamwork, good organisation rather than flair. It would be great for Shels to go to the Riazor, it's a fine stadium, and as for the home leg, it would probably have to be Landsdowne. But Hadjuk will not bow out easily. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Bateman wrote:
    Anyone who watches Spanish football regularly on Sky will be familiar with Depor but having seen them a few times over the past few years, they are a highly disciplined team, similar to Valencia in that they rely on hardwork and teamwork, good organisation rather than flair. It would be great for Shels to go to the Riazor, it's a fine stadium, and as for the home leg, it would probably have to be Landsdowne. But Hadjuk will not bow out easily. :confused:

dont be getting carried way with deportivo lads, we havnt even won a european game yet. cork got a good result in nante too, look what happened to them

i'll be there next wednesday though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

well done shels, i thought it was over at 3-1
    now they've got another chance to play depor in the third round qualifier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Now a 1-0 will suit them at home, hopefully they do not go in for spoiling it though, would love to see a good game. Having said that if eleven behind the ball and a goal on the break is what it will take to qualify for the next round then I am sure that the end will justify the means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Im not a Shels supporter but its a great result. having those 2 away goals is great. If it was 1-0 to Spilt or 2-1 it wouldnt be such a promising position for Shels.

I dont know if they can win 1-0 or 2-1 at home. You would think that they could, seeing that its a home game. Fingers crossed, it would be a great boost for the E.L and Shels.

Hopefully Shels win 3-2 and then lose 5-4 on penalties, thus boosting the co-efficient, but not getting the result that will turn the eircom League into the SPL for the next 9 years. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

RTE are showing the match live ...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=112947998&p=yyz9487x4&n=112948758

a little late to be jumping on the eircom league band wagon, but I heard the tickets are selling very well , so hopefully it will be a great game and turnout ...

Come on the REAL reds

I'd say Newstalk are really annoyed with RTE leaving it so late to announce this. They have live commentry planned on Wedensday but I doubt they'll be gettting much listeners now.

Hajduk only arrived in Dublin this morning and it seems like they think they have it won already. At the CL draw last Friday, the Hajduk representive shunned Shels Chief exec, Ollie Byrne, and instead met with the Deportivo official's.

Pat Dolan joins Peter Collins for RTÉ's coverage, which begins at 6.50pm on RTÉ Network
    Great news indeed. Well done RTÉ on getting one of the most vociferous anti-Shelbourne men on the planet to be a pundit. :mad: I'm sure all the followers of the village people love him, but he hates all things Shels, no surprise then that Shels people hate him. ( disclaimer: not all Shels people, only most. )

oh and dont forget NEARFM , they cover most of Shels home league games live, and are carrying this one also.

Well done also to RTÉ for jumping on the eL bandwagon too, sure aren't ye only great, two matches in a week?:rolleyes:

They are showing the Cork -v- Shels game on saturday too.

seansouth wrote:
    They are showing the Cork -v- Shels game on saturday too.
    Isn't that TV3? God knows the last time RTE showed an Eircom league match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Whos going to the game? :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    Isn't that TV3? God knows the last time RTE showed an Eircom league match.

Ah yes, it is, shame on me for pouring scorn on our national broadcaster like that. ( The game is Aug 14th, not this sat, if anyone was mislead / cares ).

RTÉ showed a Bohs -v- Shels game at the back end of last season, if memory serves, and it was a league game, a draw at Dalymount as far as I remember.
    Axel wrote:
    Whos going to the game? :)

I am, I have my ticket and all, got it on Saturday.

Forza Shels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

1-0 Fantastic goal, cmon shels! 15 mins to go though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Final score 2-0 Shelbourne - well done to them :)

wow
    well done shels, missed both the goals, but on replay the first was a cracker
    roll on depor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Me tips hat.

Mike.

um, will RTE show the depor matches?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eyerer wrote:
    um, will RTE show the depor matches?

Doubt it ,as Spanish TV will pay a lot more than RTE will. They could get both legs for a large wad and shels wont turn it down just for €5000 of RTE.

Kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Doubt it ,as Spanish TV will pay a lot more than RTE will. They could get both legs for a large wad and shels wont turn it down just for €5000 of RTE.

Kdjac
    em both countries are allowed buy rights you know .

Shels dominated and well deserved they're victory .

Rogers goal was a cracker .

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

KdjaC wrote:

Kdjac

Surely it is two separate deals, like the way the premiership being shown over here. I think that it is crucial that RTE show the matches.

The 2 legs will be on RTE.

Great result tonight. Shels were definitely the better team but its a pity they don't believe in themselves. When they went 1-0 up, with a cracking goal I may add, they sat too far back. If they were playing Cork they wouldn't have sat back like that and Hajduk didn't look any better than a top Eircom league team.

Fenlon wanted to play the same team as he did in the previous matches for obvious reasons but Ndo has to start the Deportivo game.

Hopefully the home leg will be played in Tolka (with a load of noise and colour). It would give Shelbourne a much better advantage as Deportivo won't be used to playing in such an intimidating stadium.

Well done Shels, at least 4 more matches to look forward to in Europe. :)

BTW, we now have 0.833 coefficiant points which is the best we've had since 00/01.

This is what its all about, a lot more money for Shels and more games in Europe. Good to see our Co Efficient has went back up, if we lost the league would have went way down.

Lots of records smashed, one being not winning at home for 11 years in a european match.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I wonder where the Deportivo match will be played? Tolka or Lansdowne.

It should be held in Landsdowne Road where we can all support Shels and give the Spanish champions a run for their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

And then disapear for the next League of Ireland game...

Wherever gives Shels a better chance of winning should be where the game is played and that is definitely Tolka. Also, there would be about 7-8,000 Shels fans in a corner of Lansdowne watching their own team play at home. Tolka all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Good performance and a great result for Shels.

They were in control pretty much the whole game. At times it was scrappy and resorted to hitting the ball long too early (Fitzpatrick just wasn't up to it today), but by in large it was a disciplined performance. Houlihan, J. Byrne and Cahill had the touches and technique to match the best the Croats had to offer, and the whole team played with tremendous organisation and guile.

Rogers' goal was an absolute scorcher of a volley. Not bad for a defender!

And Ndo's turn for the second goal was pure class. That guy's got skill. He's exactly the kind of player Shels will need against Depo. Can't see Glen causing Naybet and Co. too many problems at the back.

It's asking a helluva lot for Shels to beat Depo, but we can dream. If nothing else, it's a great financial boost for Shels and should certainly secure their medium-term financial future and is just rewards for the time and money put in by Ollie Byrne and others. I remember not so long ago Tolka got seriously flooded and the club's finances took a serious enough hit.

It's strange for an irish team to know they've got at least another 4 European matches to look forward to!

• Advertisement
Advertisement