Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alien and Aliens Special Edition DVD's

• 28-07-2004 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Alien and Aliens Special Edition DVD's are available,two for €30 in HMV of all places.
    This is a very good price as they're still full price on play.com at £16.99 (€25.50).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Yeah HMV do have some very good deals every so often. I picked both of these up when play.com were doing a similar promotion (two Alien DVDs for £20 I think it was), and I must say they're fantastic DVDs, with in-depth documentaries and good commentaries.
    Definitely recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

you can get them both for 14.95 each in golden discs, saves you a few measly cents plus option to buy them singly too(and alien3 and the other one which shall not be named) needless to say i picked up the first 3 at different times all in there a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Aye, I got Alien and Alien 3 in Golden Discs.
    It was definetly great buying them seperately, as I'd rather not have that 'other' film in my collection at all.

Also, I had already had bought Aliens on DVD ages previously, so is there really much on it that would make it worth getting the other version for?

Originally posted by Karl Hungus

Also, I had already had bought Aliens on DVD ages previously, so is there really much on it that would make it worth getting the other version for?

to be honest not really, if ye really wanted you could just rent the special edition and check out the directors cut and special features that way. but i wouldnt be bothered if i were you.

Originally posted by herobear
    to be honest not really, if ye really wanted you could just rent the special edition and check out the directors cut and special features that way. but i wouldnt be bothered if i were you.

I don't know, I already had Alien 3 on DVD also, and I found the new special edition well worth getting. What's the running time of the new Aliens DVD? The one I have is 148 minutes.

• Advertisement

um are you sure you're talking about the non-directors cut version, the version you have ??

according to the back of the dvd i have
    directors cut: approx 148 minutes
    original version: approx 131 minutes

my dvd has both of those as well as 5(apparently) hours of special features
    . james cameron introduction
    .audio commentary
    .featurettes
    .multi angle animatics
    .galleries & photo archives
    .easter egg

what does yours have ?

No, it's definetly the Director's Cut, just not the newest 'Alien Quadrilogy' edtion, so I was just wondering if there was anything added to it recently, like in the new Alien and Alien 3 editions, but it still seems to be the same old director's cut that I've had on VHS all those years ago, and now on DVD.

Mine doesn't have a commentary, but it got an Interview with Cameron and some behind the scenes Featurettes, as well as some crappy trailers and such.

Naw, wouldn't be worth getting really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

herobear wrote:
    you can get them both for 14.95 each in golden discs, saves you a few measly cents plus option to buy them singly too(and alien3 and the other one which shall not be named) needless to say i picked up the first 3 at different times all in there a few weeks back.

I had €30 worth of vouchers for the Pavilion in Swords and also had a look in Golden Discs.They had Alien 3 & 4 for €14.95 but the two good ones were full price.When I went in to HMV they had loads of copies of Aliens but they had only one copy of Alien on the shelf which was full price.I had a word with one of the sales assistant's and told her that they had a card for Alien in the two for €30 sale so shouldn't it be priced at that price.She said she would have to check the computer to see did they have any copy of Alien at the 2 for €30 price.They had so she had to go the back a price a few up.I noticed the same in HMV Henry street today,they had a card but no copies.So if you want a copy of Alien at that price get them to check the computer and go out the back and price you one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

satchmo wrote:
    Yeah HMV do have some very good deals every so often. I picked both of these up when play.com were doing a similar promotion (two Alien DVDs for £20 I think it was), and I must say they're fantastic DVDs, with in-depth documentaries and good commentaries.
    Definitely recommended.

They're full price on play.com now which works out at about €25 that's why the HMV deal is such a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

That deal was in both Xtra-Vision and Golden Discs ages ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement