Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush Documentry

Options
  • 28-07-2004 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Good video

<blurb/>
    The Whole Truth About The Iraq War

Robert Greenwald - 87 minutes: Windows Media

An impressive roster of experts is assembled to provide a generally withering commentary on the quality of evidence and possible motivations of the Neo-conservatives who provided the momentum and muscle behind America's venture into preemptive war. Among them are veteran CIA analysts and operatives, military officers, diplomats, politicians, arms inspectors, and U.S. and British government officials. The fig leaf of the possibility of an honest mistake on the matter of WMDs is stripped away; what is left is the stark and disturbing anatomy of deliberate deceit.

</blurb>

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6423.htm

Not as entertaining as ferenheit 911 but just as shocking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Just watched it again, really good much better than f911

This is more like what f911 should have been but wouldn't make as much money.

Here's another one, this guy is fing nuts makes Timothy McVeigh sound reasonable

Alex Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

no evil deeds of the Bush administration surprise me any more, as its no less than i expect from them, off course to me it was obvious from long long b4 the war started that Bush and his cronies were making up all this stuff deliberatily, it seemed obvious to me then as it is obvious to me now.

I mean the way they kept making convenient "mistakes" with dodgy dossiers and claims presented to the UN that were debunked and their insistance on invading despite what the UN weapons inspectors were saying, etc etc etc.

not to mention their gung-ho speeches about doing the UN's job FOR IT if the UN didn't have the balls to do it itself...

2+2 = 4 imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I watched it.. Wow. So much better then F911 although it covers only the Iraq war.

Favorite quote: "There are a lot of people who lie and get away with it, and thats just a fact". - Ashcroft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

I've watched it also and it's impressive but very little shocks me with regards to the US admin anymore, which is sad of course, sad for the whole bloody world.

Good documentary, no pissing around like in Moore's film.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

What I can remember very, very clearly - and I say this as a citizen from Belgium - is that during the spreading of lies by the Bush administration and his accomplices in Brittain and Spain, as preparation of the world and trying to convince everyone to wage war against Saddam, only three governments opposed. What I can remember is that day long talks in the UN security council, were stretched over and over again by the representatives of only a handfull nations. Joshka Fisher, the German Minister of Foreign Affaires, CLEARLY stated in the security council, that Colin Powell, at that time trying to convince the council, did not have a case. That all "proof" presented to the world by Powell, was all circumstantial, and unconvincable.
    I remember very clearly, that for the use of NATO airplanes in Turkey - just before the war - the request was put on the table by the US. And only Belgium and France used their veto in the NATO council in Brussels. And as a result of that, Washington litterally threatened the Belgian government with the removal of US companies from Belgian soil and even relocate the NATO headquarters out of Brussels.
    From the very start, when Bush tried to hang up a picture of an Iraq, posessing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction, the governments of France, Germany and Belgium were the only ones in Europe trying to counter the Anglo-American stream. Later backed up by president Putin of Russia. I will never forget the stream of insults that came over the Atlantic. Rumsfeld called us "the old Europe", the Europe of non-cooperation, war and intrigue. The Belgian national TV station tried to interview people in the US asking their oppinion about those European nations opposing the US wish for a war against Iraq. The reactions were simply disgusting. Americans called us traitors, showing no respect for what the US did for us during the 2nd Worldwar. I will never forget those days. A lot of people were hurt. Belgian, French and German people. And I don't know what it will take to normalize feelings between these nations.

The Admiral

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watched this and it is well worth the download. Actually far harder hitting than Fahrenheit because of the quality of the people interviewed. Hopefully alot of Americans will get a chance to view this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ColoradoGal

I've watched it also and it's impressive but very little shocks me with regards to the US admin anymore, which is sad of course, sad for the whole bloody world.

Nick

I completely agree. Thank you very much for singling-out the US Administration (not voted-on by the American majority) and not the people as a whole. Those of us Americans, who denounce this nightmare of an administration, REALLY appreciate the gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ColoradoGal

Americans called us traitors, showing no respect for what the US did for us during the 2nd Worldwar. I will never forget those days. A lot of people were hurt. Belgian, French and German people. And I don't know what it will take to normalize feelings between these nations.

The Admiral

Bonjour Admiral, I completely understand your feelings, and believe me I agree with you. But, please as I stated earlier - this is the actions of a few bafoons in the administration who were making these actions, not "the Americans". I personally do not know of ONE American who felt that this was the right way to treat our allies or to proceed. As a liberal American, I have never judged a People by the actions of its leader anywhere in the world - that is indeed the liberal way, in my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Bonjour Admiral, I completely understand your feelings, and believe me I agree with you. But, please as I stated earlier - this is the actions of a few bafoons in the administration who were making these actions, not "the Americans". I personally do not know of ONE American who felt that this was the right way to treat our allies or to proceed. As a liberal American, I have never judged a People by the actions of its leader anywhere in the world - that is indeed the liberal way, in my humble opinion.

Unfortunetly alot of Americans do not separate people and government.
    Part of that is the media's fault...as I saw how they spun the critique of Bush's into a critique of Americans in general. I also think it's part of the indoctrination you get from your first day in a public school. The whole royal "we" that gets used when refering to anything American.
    I had friends who wouldn't actually come to Europe because they thought that they would get alot of crap from Europeans. Even though I tried to set them straight..it's still seems to be ingrained.
    Now I know Colorado is supposedly more liberal than Texas...but I'm sorry I've heard this ignorant POV coming from some very "liberal" parts of America as well.
    A co-worker's French girlfriend got a sliming one night from a table of Yankees she was waiting on. They gave her hell after she told them that she voted for Chirac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

sovtek wrote:
    A co-worker's French girlfriend got a sliming one night from a table of Yankees she was waiting on. They gave her hell after she told them that she voted for Chirac.
    1st round? Or 2nd round when it was either Chirac or Le Pen?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sovtek wrote:
    I suppose they hadn't voted for Captain Unpossible themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Redleslie2 wrote:
    1st round? Or 2nd round when it was either Chirac or Le Pen?

Give you three guesses.

Advertisement