Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will unlocked tri-band phones bought in the US work in Ireland?

• 28-07-2004 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hello,

If I buy a tri-band, unlocked, mobile phone in the US, will it work in Ireland?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'd presume it would seeing as a tri band bought over here will work there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should do, but you might want to make sure it can handle our voltage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by super_furry
    Should do, but you might want to make sure it can handle our voltage.

Good thinking.

I'll need to check that out. I'm sure there are easy enough work arounds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Yes they do work over here, couple of people i work with have them they don't have any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    Good thinking.

I'll need to check that out. I'm sure there are easy enough work arounds though.
    Oh yeah, a convertor would sort the power issue out for sure. I assume changing the charger for a European version would do the trick as well. My nokia charger accepts 100-240 volts so a plug convertor would do, girlfriend's accepts 180-240 so she'd need a different charger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I think all the newish nokia plugs accept 100-240v. At least, I haven't come across any bought recently that haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sorry to take over but my sis is going offtopic
    Is it possible for a sim free phone to work in usa ? it was purchased in the middle east, not ireland, so it was bought sim free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Placebo wrote:
    sorry to take over but my sis is going offtopic
    Is it possible for a sim free phone to work in usa ? it was purchased in the middle east, not ireland, so it was bought sim free.

Should do. If its tri-band...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks, its a sony ericson T100 i think, how do i know if its tri band ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Placebo wrote:
    thanks, its a sony ericson T100 i think, how do i know if its tri band ?

I'm no expert but i think it is dual band
    GSM 900 and 1800

p

• Advertisement
Advertisement