Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Client Database App

Options
  • 28-07-2004 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been asked to redesign a small application for an estate agent. It basically allows them to manage a database of all their properties for their website. It allows them to enter things like price, location, description ect and select a picture this is then stored in a remote mysql database. The version they are using at the moment I designed in first year in college and after looking at the code I desided to scrap it altogether. It works fine its just the potential for disaster is there. Pictures are stored locally as well as remotly because broadband was unavailable then and it would take forever to keep loading a picture as the user cycles through the records. This is one feature of many I will be changing. It also connects directly to the database which I dont like. I was thinking along the lines of using servlets on the remote server as a middle teir and using XML to communicate between the client and servlets but need some advice on doing this. I know I can implement it but was looking for tips and best ways of going about it and if this is the best way of doing it.

Thanks
    John.

Advertisement