Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Digital Satelite System - 5th Aug

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Have one of these, well very similar belioeve me there is only so much al-jazeera and libyan TV a man can take, If you are an arabic speaking person this product is well well worth it!
    Otherwise you need all the cards to get channels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

What about the BBC channels, many european channels, several european music channels. Lots for the non-arabic speaking people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yip- Most of the common broadcasting stations are pre-programmed on following satellites: Astra 1, Astra 2, Hotbird, Eutelsat.

Stations and whether they are encrypted or not is available at:

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Orderly queue..... hmmmm- most people will still be recovering after the bank holiday weekend- I hope.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Is it true that you'll need a transformer to plug it into the mains as it only accepts 12 or 24 volts input?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

No a friend got one the last time they were on offer and they included leads for both 12volts and the mains (220v) (PSU built into the receiver).

If your going to get one, you'd want to get there early as they probably wouldn't have many in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I want, I want, I want.

/me starts que

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Still doesnt solve the problem of having a Sky box and having to paying the wonderful Chorus for a rake of channels just to get UTV and CH4 I think?

Theres a google ad above the page advertising something Here which seems to have ITV coming soon?

Sorry to get off topic I just really hate the fact you cant just get em all, and arnt likely too for a good while. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Read all the threads on the topic on the ICDG satellite forum about ITV on Sky digital.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i look at this with intrest,

should i get one of these or a old sky box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

hmm.. sounds interesting. but what channels can you actually get? had a look on the lyngsat site, looks like alot more radio than free digital tv..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

John R wrote:
    Read all the threads on the topic on the ICDG satellite forum about ITV on Sky digital.
    Thanks I never realised that forum existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sabiki2

They went on sale today and were all sold out in the Finglas store when I got there at 9:30 this morning.

Store manager said people were queueing from 7am for their 60 units.

They used a ticketing system, so it seemed like you could go early, get your ticket and one was reserved for you, then call back later to collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I had my Dad get me one as I had to be in work at 9am.

He went to my local Lidl which had 22 and he got one of the last ones.

Eoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flurby

My Dad bought two (one for my Granda) and I promptly took the p*ss out of him for wasting 100 quids. Then I saw this thread and I'm having my doubts. How hard is it to get in good stations though? - Dad was trying most of the evening (to prove me wrong!!) I think and got one Russian guy talking (I assume) about something Russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sabiki2

This Dublin company provides support for the Lidl satellite system.
    There's good instructions here on how to set it up and find the satellites:

http://www.inhousetechnologies.com/lidl_satellite_system.htm

Let me know if you pick up Eurosport with it (prob. in German) - that was the only reason I was interested in buying the system at all.

Advertisement