Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drunkeness

• 28-07-2004 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

how much does it take you to get drunk?? i'm happy of the fact that i have yet to get so drunk that i cant' remember anything, never got that far thankfully, just to the point of saying stupid **** and acting like an imbisile. it's great when it's you, but looking at drunk people while sober puts me off a lot.....and i don't like the hangover thing either. i'm not one of those people that get really loud and bolshy, i just get really confident and philosophical. i wish i didn't drink but but it just feels cool to be off your head sometimes. i just love my dose of escapism. unfortunately i'm also a bit uber-conscious of my health...and i know all the evil facts of drink..aah!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Sometimes I'm done after 3 or 4 pints, other times I *feel* sober after 10 or more. It's the whiskey that destroys me though :)

Lately I've been staying in a lot and mixing the drinks...couple of beers, some wine, couple of shots, etc....gives me a nice mellow-ish drunky state. I fell asleep on the kitchen floor a few weeks ago for some mad reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i dont drink much at all, so one pint and i can feel the slight drunk buzz, after three i am drunk :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sometimes I'm done after 3 or 4 pints, other times I *feel* sober after 10 or more. It's the whiskey that destroys me though

amazing how one type of drink can affect you, I can sup pints of stout no problem & wake up hangover free, two pints of lager & I suffer a rotten hangover the next day.....Tequila is my achilles heel...one sup & I'm a gonner....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

never been drunk...I'd hate to be so rat arsed that I didn't know what was happening tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

some nights 5 or 6 pints and a few vodkas and other times its alot more than that before i am drunk.

one night i got so drunk i left the pub on my own got a taxi home got into the wrong bed , got sick on that bed and heard a noise downstairs and got up.I dont remenber any of the above.

The nosie was homemate back with some friends for a party.

All i remenber is being down the bottom of the stairs wiht no shirt on. Percedding to throw all sorts of stuff around the sitting room including the TV at my mate. He luckily caught it before it the floor. I also got thrwon out a ground floor window when i opened it to get sick.

I remenber most of the above.

Lately i keep falling alseep on the bus home from the niteclub. Vodka and red bull does that to me though.

For the bank holiday weekend it shall be vodka and a dash of miwadi orange. Its tastes really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    never been drunk...I'd hate to be so rat arsed that I didn't know what was happening tbh...

Geta life, it's ace not remembering what you've done ;)

(It takes me a lot to get drunk.)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

bout a mont ago i got paralitic at an 18th, and some feckin ba$terd shaved off my eyebrows and all the hair on the right side of my head, i had to raw blade the whole thing just to look human(ish)

now i look like a cross between American History X and right said fred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Unfortunately it costs quite alot for me to get drunk.. Last weekend was the first time some of my mates ever saw me "off my face" but I still wasnt actually that bad..

I wish it took 4 or 5 pints tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm a real lightweight. 5-6 pints of Bulmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

i could drink 8 to 10 lge bottles of bulmers and walk home (wobble home).. but be completely pissed on 5 pints of bud.. as in can't make the nightclub even.. :dunno: :dunno: not able for pints of bud at all..

just cant' figure that out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    I'm a real lightweight

Don't worry, you are in good company. 5-6 pints for me too, or a full bottle of wine.

I think I am lucky in that I just physically can't drink anymore, so I don't tend to get obnoxiously drunk. Having said that, if I go to bed soon after I stop drinking, I tend to forget things.

Or is that just old age setting in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    Yeah, there are degrees of drunkenness though.
    I've never been so drunk that I've blacked-out, didn't know where I was, puked my ring up or couldn't remember what happened the next day.
    I've found the degree that I'm happy with and I don't feel the need to binge too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

right well i've never been drunk tbh, pisses me off that i can handel drink too well. i thought i was been smart at me friends hen nite was gonna get drunk. i drank bacardi with cranberry, cocktails, shots and fat frogs, and still nothing so i think i may give up on my request to get drunk coz i don't think it's ever gonna happen.

and the next mornig well you'd think all i was drinking all night was water coz i was perfectly fine, what a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I dont drink! yipeee! pints of water are the shiznit indeed! ooh yeah! Hey monkey (what's life without an occasional surprise) fill me in on the evil facts of drink for health:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

fookedfast

eba00422306f00000030.jpg

Originally posted by jinxycat
    right well i've never been drunk tbh, pisses me off that i can handel drink too well. i thought i was been smart at me friends hen nite was gonna get drunk. i drank bacardi with cranberry, cocktails, shots and fat frogs, and still nothing so i think i may give up on my request to get drunk coz i don't think it's ever gonna happen.

and the next mornig well you'd think all i was drinking all night was water coz i was perfectly fine, what a waste.

I am the same, very rarely get a hang over.. I consider being tired a hangover :D

No matter what I drink..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Depends what I am drinking. can drink a large bottle and a half of Tia maria before falling down but can only drink six pints of heineken or 4 700ml bottles of wkd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Just back from the bruxelles now actually, had about five pints of smithwicks and i'm alright. My typing is grand and I can't walk perfectly though my speech is a bit slurred. Usually I'd have about eight pints before I say I'm drunk but then again whenever I have the cash I'd go for the spirits which floor me much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Lump
    Geta life, it's ace not remembering what you've done ;)

the whole waking up in some corner of my house, in a wheat field, in some house in Tramore and not knowing how I got there can be a bit of a laugh or very scary depending on one's mood....

the whole,
    got to night club,
    got drinks,
    got dancing,
    <scene missing>
    <scene missing>
    got more drinks,
    <scene missing>
    <scene missing>
    awake in bed

sometimes laughs are had, sometimes the luck runs dry...

and sometimes the best moments in life are the one's you dont remember....

I've cut back a lot on my drinking (college life is over)
    I would drink anything, one night it would be 2-3 pints and I'd be pissed and another it would be 6 pints and then onto the shorts and I'd be flying for the rest of the night...

My version of punch (derived from Azezil's concoction - I removed the Gin) gets me to a fine stage of drunkeness and garuantees me a great night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

cormie wrote:
    pints of water are the shiznit indeed!
    You should try the pints of blackcurrant, they're the best!
    Havn't been Drunk in several months (Before April anyway). Worst I've been was probably the millenium night. I was trying to clean the floor before my parents got back when I was told the new millenium had just rung in. :o
    Don't drink much anymore :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

bout a mont ago i got paralitic at an 18th, and some feckin ba$terd shaved off my eyebrows and all the hair on the right side of my head, i had to raw blade the whole thing just to look human(ish)

now i look like a cross between American History X and right said fred

lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

irishgeo wrote:
    some nights 5 or 6 pints and a few vodkas and other times its alot more than that before i am drunk.
    jeyus scan i remember when you didn't drink at all!
    and that night. what a night.
    you got some slagging in col for that.
    i can't slag i suppose, been there done that, have the scares to prove it.

last drinkin i done was 4 cans of cider and 5 v&c's to finish.
    back to a mates house for a couple of cans.
    and then cycle home. (managed not to crash)

buckfast. lovely buckfast.
    if anyone thinks buckfast is to syrupy then they should try it with Devil's bit cider. Tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I puke blood if I drink Bulmers these days. And even the smell of vodka is enough to make me throw up. College ruined my stomach linings. I don't see the point in getting rat-arsed anymore - a few quiet bevvies is enough for me.

jabberwock wrote:
    jeyus scan i remember when you didn't drink at all!
    and that night. what a night.
    you got some slagging in col for that.
    i can't slag i suppose, been there done that, have the scares to prove it.

last drinkin i done was 4 cans of cider and 5 v&c's to finish.
    back to a mates house for a couple of cans.
    and then cycle home. (managed not to crash)

buckfast. lovely buckfast.
    if anyone thinks buckfast is to syrupy then they should try it with Devil's bit cider. Tasty
    do remenber that night when you meant missing after drinking a bottle of wine. think it was a class party. No idea how you managed to get into any pub after that.

Ahh baby guinness. Damn shane and them anyway, They are too nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Can't get drunk on Guinness anymore - can't drink more than about six and I'm fullup. At this point I should head home - I usually do. When I don't I have a whisky and I'm feeling drunk after one - starting to slur. Two and I have a hangover.

If I make the mistake of having a Jack Daniels I'm in serious trouble - potentially on the night - because it makes me so drunk I think I'm sober so several may be the case- mega hangover next day even if I have just one of them.

There must be serious toxic sheit in this stuff!

sambuca is some heavy ****. Had that once or twice and i usually ended throwing up everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 allo1

Hello to all you mad alko's looking at the treads going for a can now :mad: :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I've had a few now as i type this.
    But i noticed some negative(get a life) comments towards rob on this 1. If you dont want to for fear of losing complete control, dont bother, cos when u get so drunk and ya lose the control you'll be paranoid as f**k and it'll totally kill the buzz.

However, when you awake from some situations it is funny. Example me being on holiday(spain con mis amigos), woke up to find 2 paramedics over me(which im not going to lie, was very scary, since i was just drunk and wasnt expecting it) anyway i had gone alseep near a wall on the road, well rested my eyes, got woken and brought home. All through the ambulance i was ****ting it thinking i'd to pay loads or something, and kept asking was it free, to the paramedics consistent yesssing. Got home, rang the buzzer, mate said "what ya want man" my reply was simple .. "open the ****ing door quick, theres an ambulance outside" ..

it was amusing especially when i went upstairs and told the guy who was ALWAYS trying to beat me, that he'd arrive home in a helicopter next night. It was just one of those things, me saying, yeh they picked me up, im going to bed now, and the lads saying, fair nuf.. nite.

Its amusing to be that drunk, so long as you dont get hurt. Or start fights. Im the kinda cool philosopical ( the bull****ting type) drunk..

Anyway Robert, ill conclude it like this..

"If you take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

5-6 can's, and half a bottle of vodka usually get's me pie eyed,

great fun altogether,
    altho i went to a 18th last year and draqnk 8 can's, a naggin of vodka and a bottle of wine....

i was very very drunk and passed out in her back yard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

well cormie, you really don't want to know the bad bits...of course this is for excessive drinking...you can get the shakes ie ''dt's'', your face gets all red and puffy (knew a guy like that)...your liver gets all scarred and fatty...cirrhosis,etc......your sH*T can go black......uhh im scaring myself already...anyway i don't drink that much these days...i space them out..i think that the liver can process 8g of ethanol per hour....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

For me it's usually 4 cans of samsons (strong cider) and a few smokes. But without smoking then it will be 6 cans.

hostyle wrote:
    I don't see the point in getting rat-arsed anymore - a few quiet bevvies is enough for me.

Ahh Bless.. Someone is has grown up
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

irishgeo wrote:
    do remenber that night when you meant missing after drinking a bottle of wine. think it was a class party. No idea how you managed to get into any pub after that.

Ahh baby guinness. Damn shane and them anyway, They are too nice.
    ya thats was top. end of exams it was. they were mad to let me into that bar.
    thats what ya get if you drink half a bottle of buckfast in 10 mins and follow that with a litre of red wine.
    on the way home i went missing again and then arrived back to the house with a dog (k9 type).
    Kev, what did i call him?

I remenber the dog all right but not his name.

Advertisement