Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alot of moaning and groaning!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

OK, maybe i spoke too soon, after a couple of weeks of good service it seems to have gone back to high pings & time outs. (not very good for gaming at all).

They always seem to have problems with the SIAC pop in Clondalkin.

I do still stick to my point about their support improving, first time i had a problem it was just ignored, but when i raised the issue again recently, I had engineers out replacing my equipment within 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Adey2002 wrote:
    I do still stick to my point about their support improving, first time i had a problem it was just ignored, but when i raised the issue again recently, I had engineers out replacing my equipment within 2 days.
    I've been having major connectivity problems for the last 3 weeks, and when I contact technical support (they won't contact me), I get responses ranging from "our records don't show any problems in yoru sector" to "yes, some modems are having problems associating with the servers". When I ask when they are going to fix it, the reaction ranges from "fix what?" to "it's not a problem with the modems after all, so we don't have anything to fix".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Stark wrote:
    Exactly. Have you seen the size of Linux distributions these days? Even the updates for the things can come to 300MB.
    If you download that many linux distros every month you need your head examined.

The reason i think the cap is fine is because it prevents people downloading warez 24/7 and adversely affecting everyone elses connection at the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

The reason i think the cap is fine is because it prevents people downloading warez 24/7 and adversely affecting everyone elses connection at the exchange.

I agree, I've said it for years! its all these sci-fi nerds and warez haxors ( as they like to be called).

Personally i only download new avril lavigne albums as well as many Stira picxctures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well im totaly happy with my unenforced 8 gb cap with eircom
    its prevented loads of people from downloading too much ( not me) and has done its job to keep the service from becomming over used
    iv used dsl in the uk (tiscali and bt) and just for general browsing my eircom dsl seems faster

btw can you explain why the poll needs a loaded question superman?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

oh something i forgot just listening to internet radio on a regular basis will break your cap
    but i guess only nerds listen to the radio

I think poor ol' fidel forgets just how bangin' sk8r boi really is!

As for stira's their just better and don't "set you back a fortune!" like those much talked about binoculars in the NTL ad's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Murray

redoxan wrote:
    That makes no sense (to me).
    If you DL so much that you cant deal with a CAP you are very unlikely to go to dialup.

And if you are.....
    nose/face

My point was that if potential broadband customers are worried that they're going to go over their cap, then thats going to prevent them from signing up for BB. Keep in mind that not all internet users are computer geeks who know how much it takes to exceed 4GB download and 1 GB upload a month - their kids could probably gobble that up in a couple of hours downloading the latest trailers for Playstation games or movies! Why do you think prepaid is such a popular option for Irish mobile customers - no alarms and no surprises!

Dermot ;)

Great idea!!

Prepaid BB

Advertisement