Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential scripts,huds,configs, tweaks etc

Options
  • 17-06-1999 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I can't be ar$ed goin through all the tribes sites so can someone gimme an idea of must have's.

bstep@tinet.ie
    news.quake.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

A lot of people play with just plain vanilla Tribes, in fact, and there are no engine tweaks as such that I know of - unlike Quake, this isn't an "every FPS counts!" game!

The Presto Pack is very useful, though - no URL off the top of my head, although I know it's linked off the EM homepage at www.planet-tribes.com/em

As for HUDs - depends what you play as, to be honest. Some people (ie me) don't use anything at all. Some use the SniperHUD, others swear by the MortarHUD. It's a personal choice thing, and plain vanilla Tribes HUD is actually pretty damn good. Add the flagtracker and team tracker in the Presto Pack and you're flying.

Finally, don't forget the Tribes 101s at www.planet-tribes.com ---> By far the easiest way NOT to be a muppet when you start playing... smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Presto Pack is erm... Let's just say if this was Quake or Quake2 it would be cheating I don't care what anyone says. smile.gif

Where do I get the Mortor and Sniper Hud's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I think people should care less about scripts and huds and the like and just play the flippin' game.

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

well its not quake2 or quake smile.gif

What do u find so weird about it anyway?...it just tells you where your flag and the nme's is, and gives you some nifty commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Let's see, with the Mortor hud you won't need a painter (once you know your range). smile.gif

I saw another hud that brought up the remote camera view into the main window, which was cool to watch people but you could use it in conjuction with rocket turrets and cameras while still playing.

• Advertisement

never really tried any of the extensions to it, i presumed u were referring to the vanilla version.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

what good is a painter anyway?, they dont seem to do any good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Qui Gon

Then stop hiring cowboys wink.gif

Qui-Gon
    Jedi Council
    "Be one with the force"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

This weekend I went hud crazy (I'd never used any before), and now I have Presto, CmdHUD, ObjectiveHUD, OptHUD and most of Writers stuff. It's scary. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Try www.planet-tribes.com/ , you'll find them there I'd expect.

[This message has been edited by Rev Hellfire (edited 21-06-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Any one have some sites to get all these huds. I coulndn't be bothered going looking for them.

Kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [JC]{K}Skywalker

any of you guys got the SixPak?
    I got it and its pretty dang good..
    can't get dynhud to work tho

[JC]{K}Skywalker
    Jedi Council and Prince of Naboo

"may the force be with you"

some ppl seem to consider using hud's as cheating in some way. For instance writer's thing that releases all your nades in one go, or the cmdHUD.

Can we define it, i mean in terms of tribes, what is cheating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Hmm, I dont think you need to define cheating in terms of any given game.
    In my mind, cheating in a game is applying knowledge or technology to the code of the game. Its sorta like Tabletop Roleplay. You cant use Out of character knowledge. Let me explain. If you know that I just picked up some magical Item, coz I old you while we were getting cans form the Fridge, but yer character doesn't know it. And you then rifle through muh stuff lookin fer the Item, Thats Player-Knowledge not Character-knowledge..Cheating.

IMHO all you should be allowed to do is speed up a bad connection if possible, Coz thats just frustrating..BUT if one were to enforce the above idea, that would be out too.

Ther we go, That might be worth a few Flames smile.gif

B.

Advertisement