Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman Begins Teaser Trailer!!!

• 29-07-2004 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Quick everybody!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Check it out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

whos the baddy in this series
    smmer 2005 and avp out then too so long to wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

cillian murphy is playin the scarecrow in this one. christian bale is batman. its gonna be poor though. tim burton was the man.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    cillian murphy is playin the scarecrow in this one. christian bale is batman. its gonna be poor though. tim burton was the man.
    What makes you think it's going to be poor? Anyone who has read the script (there's a few reviewes online) hasn't stopped raving about how great it is and how this could quite easily be the best installment in the franchise...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Tim Burton was the man?

Yes - he was the man who RUINED batman. He was the man who made it necessary to wait this long to come out with a new batman film so the public wouldnt tar it with the same sh1tstained brush as the others.

While I'll admit the fourth is by far the worst, it was his fault they started off being so crap in the first place. Jack Nicholson was an amazing casting decision for the joker (coolest evil-est smile ever), but he ruined him with a stupid fake looking facial prostetic. He should've been called "the joke".

Michael Keaton is still the worst batman. He's small, he's annoying, he's twitchy, he's basically beetlejuice without the makeup. The best thing in his movies were Michelle Pfieffer and the car. Its a good job Tim Burton's not directing this one. Helena Bonham Carter would probably get the part of Batman, Alfred and the scarecrow, with Jonny Depp as a cross dressing, cigar smoking eccentric stuttering commisioner gordon.

Tim "I'm weird" Burton will hopefully be thouroughly embarrased of what he did to the best superhero ever when he sees this movie. Face it - its going to be savage.

Christian bale, gary oldman, liam neeson, morgan freeman, ken wantabe (as villian ras al ghul), katie holmes, killian murphy, michael kane.

the trailer looks totally class - cant wait till summer 2005!

(sorry 'bout the rant, but burtons films weren't worth the hype or even the 3 or 4 quid entry fee to the cinema - penguins with bombs on 'em? PLEASE!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i think it'll be cracking

christopher nolan is a top director..Memento...Insomnia

bale is a great actor...never really got a big break...

i'll be queueing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

anyone else having trouble viewing the trailer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Trailer looks cool...
    i have a good feeling about this, christian bale could pull out a good turn if pushed in the right direction i think..
    looking forward to the full trailer though. hard to get a feel for the movie from that..

oh and ken watanabe is the baddie, rah-as goul<sp?> ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Anyone got a downloadable link?

Can't stand waiting on 56k for just one viewing :/

edit: nevermind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Tusky wrote:
    anyone else having trouble viewing the trailer ?
    Firefox in windows yes - in Linux no prob, use IE:(? (if not already using it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Firefox in windows yes - in Linux no prob, use IE:(? (if not already using it)
    Had no problem in Firefox once I added the site to the list let through the popup blocker, and changed the player to Quicktime (personal preference over MP, better quality IMHO).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I agree with Evil Bilbo... The Tim Burton films were a big disappointment to me. The fact that he turned Batman into a murderer just didn't sit well with me at all.

I'm looking foward to Batman Begins, but the costume still looks very much like the Burton Batsuit. It seems to have a much nicer cape on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    Tim Burton was the man?

Yes - he was the man who RUINED batman. He was the man who made it necessary to wait this long to come out with a new batman film so the public wouldnt tar it with the same sh1tstained brush as the others.

While I'll admit the fourth is by far the worst, it was his fault they started off being so crap in the first place. Jack Nicholson was an amazing casting decision for the joker (coolest evil-est smile ever), but he ruined him with a stupid fake looking facial prostetic. He should've been called "the joke".

Michael Keaton is still the worst batman. He's small, he's annoying, he's twitchy, he's basically beetlejuice without the makeup. The best thing in his movies were Michelle Pfieffer and the car. Its a good job Tim Burton's not directing this one. Helena Bonham Carter would probably get the part of Batman, Alfred and the scarecrow, with Jonny Depp as a cross dressing, cigar smoking eccentric stuttering commisioner gordon.

Tim "I'm weird" Burton will hopefully be thouroughly embarrased of what he did to the best superhero ever when he sees this movie. Face it - its going to be savage.

Christian bale, gary oldman, liam neeson, morgan freeman, ken wantabe (as villian ras al ghul), katie holmes, killian murphy, michael kane.

the trailer looks totally class - cant wait till summer 2005!

(sorry 'bout the rant, but burtons films weren't worth the hype or even the 3 or 4 quid entry fee to the cinema - penguins with bombs on 'em? PLEASE!)

i dont think ive ever disagreed with a post more. the original batman film was THE BEST comic book film ever. period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Im going to agree with whosurpaddy here, Batman was the best batman film, even better than the Adam West one back in the day. The mood and atmosphere of the Tim Burton films (especially the first one) were just right for the Batman character.
    Maybe Michael Keaton was not the best option to play Batman but I liked him and think he did a good job with the role.

But I look forward to this film, now that Clooney and Schumacher are gone. How were they let do such terrible things to such a great character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    He was the man who made it necessary to wait this long to come out with a new batman film so the public wouldnt tar it with the same sh1tstained brush as the others.
    No, Joel Schumacher did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Let's not let Akiva Goldsman off the hook here - he had a strong part to play in the Batman debacle too.

the first two batman films were brilliant. they wre so dark! then you had ****in val kilmer as batman. i thought michael keaton was a brilliant batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well the first batman was great tbh...and the second one to a lesser extent..but Tim Burton and Danny Elfman (music) create fantastic movies togeather imho. :D

Looking forward to this new Batman

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

who is Akiva Goldsman

and what was was wrong with the first in too in a films of things you love always disappoint aside kinda way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    Michael Keaton is still the worst batman. He's small, he's annoying, he's twitchy, he's basically beetlejuice without the makeup.

I liked Keaton as Batman - he made Batman have a dark side to him.. unlike the *others*..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The best batman is Kevin Conroy... in the animated Batman series and movies.

Mask of the Phantasm was better than any of the live action films...

And the recent Mystery of the Batwoman was great too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

chewy wrote:
    whos the baddy in this series
    smmer 2005 and avp out then too so long to wait?
    avp is out this year. aug 14 or something, in america. i saw a big cardboard thing in uci blanchardstown last week for it.

anyway, the trailer looks really good. hopefully this film will be great. as for christian bale, he could well be an amazing batman. he was excellent in equilibrium, but otherwise i'm not that aware of his work.

chewy wrote:
    who is Akiva Goldsman
    He did the script for batman and robin, which was terrible. I liked the script for batman forever, but it wasn't made very well. I liked Jim Carey as the riddler, but hated two face being so hyperactive and Val Kilmer's batman was just so boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

This new film looks like it could be better than the first Burton one - great teaser trailer - only dodgy part might be Katie Holmes....

heres what the bat mobile will look like

http://filmforce.ign.com/batman/articles/531/531521p1.html

Here's a leaked studio picture of the batman costume. Ahh, it's ok (having said that, it's starting to grow on me). Why couldn't they have a black crest and cowl instead of having it all dark navy grey? I didn't think they needed to have sculptured rubber either. Having said that, it'll probably look a lot better in the film.

Im not liking either the batmobile or the suit. the horns on the suit look crap.

I assume the film iss a prequel?

Yep, it is. Yeah, I don't really like the batmobile in it, too chunky and not long enough, too stubby. Like a cross between a monster truck and a beach buggy.

Chris Nolan, in an interview before filming, said that he saw bladerunner as an inspiration for how he was going to deal with batman, which explains the style of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

evad_lhorg wrote:
    the film iss a prequel?
    It has nothing to do with the previous four movies - so there will be no The Joker killing Bruce Wayne's parents bullsh1t...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

I agree with you all when you say that the first batman film was the best. It definitely was.

But in fairness - what kind of competition did it have?
    Batman Returns (catwoman - phfooaaar, but the rest? - The peguin, living in a zoo? Buzzing around on a giant duck? Penguins with bombs on their backs etc. Just a tad ridiculous)

Batman Forever - more like a cartoon. Enjoyable enough but just kind of silly - probably on par with the first (defo better than the 2nd)

Batman and robin - shoot me.

Saying the first batman film was the best is pretty obvious, but its still sh1te. The atmosphere was good enough, but the story, the characters and the script were really lacking (though somehow better than the others)

I agree with monkeyfudge - the cartoon versions were far cooler than the movies.

As for batman being the "best comic book film ever" - whosurpaddy? Do you read comics or is this just a wild assumption. Personally I think the spidey films were alot better. (batman may have been on par with xmen)

And - whats with batman killing everyone? Batman dosent kill people!

• Advertisement

i think batman returns is the best. and I think its very comic book. I can really see the penguins and jetpacks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Looks good, although the trailer doesnt give much away just yet,.

The first batman is still a great movie IMO, it has its variencies from the comics, such as Jack Napier being the killer of his parents, and so on, but it still looks great. While Keaton is quite short, he managed to pull off the batman/wayne role IMO... i think Bale could do it better though...

I look forward to seeing batman in a more realistic setting, and getting the whole Bruce Wayne history treatment, rather than crappy flashbacks.
    The cast looks superb, while I dont like Cane, he will probably be a superb Alfred and Bale will do a great job as a moody Batman.

Roll on summer 2005... anything to keep us going until then (and I dont care for AVP)

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

chewy wrote:
    whos the baddy in this series?
    As far as i know Ra's Al Ghul is the main villain in this film. Scarecrow is merely a secondary villain.
    In my opinion this has the potential to be the best comic book adaption film ever. Christopher Nolan is a fantastic director. Anyone who has seen Memento will agree with me here.
    Christian Bale is a great actor and I can see him suiting very well to the Bruce Wayne/Batman. He is about the same height and is built well. He may not be as super big as Batman is but he is big. In American Psycho you see that he looks some what strong.
    Commissioner Gordon looks spot on and its nice to see that they have added some characters like Lucious Fox in.
    There are nice touches to the story aswell, like answering the questions "Who makes the Batmobile?" which is asked by many who do not really read the comics.
    All in all I can see this being so uber-fantastisch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well it looks like warner Bros want to bring it back to the Darkside (which is good).

I feel sorry for Joel Shummarker(sp?) especially when you know he could have done a darker movie then Batman Forever and Batman And Robin ie the lost boys and flatliners.

I thought Tim Burtons' Gothic Look for the first two Batman Movies was genius. The music was execlent from Danny Elfman.

The Cartoon's are however the best (IMO) take on Batman.

Also In relation to the other Batman Movies

Batman - Keating was the best (I don't see C. Bale doing any better, Oh! I hate him as an actor, the annoying kid in that war movie by Speilberg he will remain)
    Batman Returns - Much better then the first IMO
    Batman Forever - thank god for the villians Two Face (Tommy Lee Jones) and The Riddler (Jim Carey)
    Batman And Robin - Uma Uma Uma what were you thinking?
    There are nice touches to the story aswell, like answering the questions "Who makes the Batmobile?" which is asked by many who do not really read the comics.

Isn't this answered in the Cartoon?

Is it a movie of the Cartoon?
    Roll on summer 2005... anything to keep us going until then.

Blade Trinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Ken Watanabe isn't the main bad guy afaik. I think that part belongs to Tom Wilkinson.
    Not really a spoiler but afaik the Batmobile looks wierd because its meant to be a rejected military vehicle design from wayne enterprises that Wayne keeps for his crime fighting adventures

• Advertisement

the characters in batman were lacking? jack nicholson(sp?) as joker was lacking? seriously watch it again,
    Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    As for batman being the "best comic book film ever" - whosurpaddy? Do you read comics or is this just a wild assumption.
    im not really sure what you mean by assumption? its an opinion. and one which i stand by.

i personally wouldnt put either of the spiderman or x-men films anywhere near teh original batman film, but each to his own and all that.

Elmo wrote:
    Is it a movie of the Cartoon?
    It's a movie of the comics, but AFAIK the cartoon and the comics are pretty much the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, about the batmobile, only read in Empire the other day that its just a prototype Wayne makes... which would work well with what Zoton says, so its not like he's (Nolan) is trying to re-invent the whole look of the mobile, just give it a history and make its evolution plausable... would be stupid if he just whipped up the perfect crime fighting vehicle in one go..

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It's a movie of the comics, but AFAIK the cartoon and the comics are pretty much the same.

I only suggest it since the Scarecrow was created in the Cartoon, I could be wrong about this?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Feck messed that just go here and go message boards.

Ra Al Ghul pic.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote:
    I only suggest it since the Scarecrow was created in the Cartoon, I could be wrong about this?????
    The scarecrow appeared before the cartoon, back in 1941 (world's finest)!!

Here's a little picture of Ras Al Ghul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I think the character of Renee Montoya originated from teh cartoon and was later introduced to the comic. Bullock also got a more leading role in the comic after his use in the cartoon although he originated in 83/84 i think.

Scarecrow was from the comics.

The question about the Batmobile is answered in the cartoon. Wayne sees teh car at the Gotham World Fair and dreams of getting it. There is also a story in the cartoon about the mechanic who services the car and how they became involved in the maintanance of the car. By the way, the person who services his car in the cartoon is not Harold, the person who does it in teh comic.
    I only said the thing about the Batmobile earlier because the majority of people who will see this film won't have read the comic or seen teh cartoon and it adds more realism to the film that there is a story to go with the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I notice people continually talk about 'The Scarecrow' being in this film. Yet as far as I understand Cillian Murphy will only be playing the character Dr. Jonathan Crane ... and not his alterego. I could be wrong here (I am trying not to find to much about BB as to not spoil it). Anyway I imagine it will most likely be similar to the way Dylan Baker appeared Spidey2 as Dr. Curt Connors but didn't do a turn as The Lizard ie they're saving him up for a sequel.

Also, to whosurpaddy who said Batman 1 was the best comic book movie ever, I would have to strongly disagree. Being a Tim Burton fan myself I rightly recognise Batman89 as a top TIM BURTON film .... but it's faithfulness to the ideals of the Batman comicbook are tenuous at best. Even Joel Schmuckhacker was more reverental to the origins.

allow me to rephrase. i meant best super hero film.

Advertisement