Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU speed

Options
  • 29-07-2004 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Righto I've never done any over-clocking or anything before, I'm a complete noob. My second PC seems to have underclocked itself to 1.1ghz when it's supposed to be 1.3! It's an AMD Athlon and I've no idea how this happened. I remember a while ago when it overclocked itself to 1.4, but that sort of fixed itself after a while.

Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

I've noticed that some boards reset the bus speed and the multiplier to defaults if the timings get a bit arseways or if something overheats.

Before you start messing with anything you need to understand the basics, so check out this tutorial (the entire site is a pretty good resource) - http://www.basichardware.com/overclocking.html

Then come back with more info about your motherboard, RAM, and CPU.

In terms of experience I'm not an expert on overclocking. But hopefully some of the other members who use this area will chip in once the ball is rolling. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The Speed depends on the Multiplier and the FSB. What are these set to and what type of ram are you using

Advertisement