Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far-Cry of what I expected

Options
  • 29-07-2004 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

What do you think of far-cry, just completed it and it was good but could have been better. It was a bit to straight froward. Kinda like SOF?? I would give it about 6.5/10

Could have been alot better

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Finished it at Medium and now restarted at hardest level! kick ass game!

Didnt have a PC/computer since the old Amiga days and was a console boy but just reverted back to PC in May and this was the first game I installed.....class and better than anything on any console available at the moment.....sold my Xbox/Dreamcast/N64 and just kept PS2 because of games like tis on PC

Also Call of Duty!! class

9.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I will agree with you it is a class game Far-Cry, But imagine the possibilities of it, remember the level with the hand glider, that was so scenic and real, yet you have to go this route and stick to it, while in the other had, Project : IGI you could go anywhere literally. But maybe i was a bit harsh on the result, so probably a 7.5 or an 8. But still i think half-life 2 will be the one game to rule them all :P.

Call of duty i found the same as far-cry, it was to linear. But still a good game, I remember the Amiga, it was my first ever console, and what a legend it was....

Havent had a chance to play Project IGI....must give it a bash......I do agree with you about having to follow a specific path but I didnt really find this a problem....when u r used to using consoles this is the way except on console it is very specific! alot more than Far Cry was.....at least in Far Cry u could approch bases from different direction and so on!!

Played HL1 at the moment and it seems gud but outdated compared to Far Cry but this is to be expected...how many years old is it? any word yet when HL2 is coming? everything I hear about it is that it is being delayed for another few months!

Amiga still rules! wish I never gave it away!! :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hard luck about giving away the amiga. Btw You say you have not played Project:IGI, I have it lying around my house never used now, you sound like a nice guy, Do you wan't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Played HL1 at the moment and it seems gud but outdated compared to Far Cry but this is to be expected...how many years old is it?

Halflife came out for Xmas 1998. It's still my fav game on the pc ever!!

I liked farcry...nothing new or diferent but well done and fun while it lasted. Those trigens scared the crapola out of me first time i was encountered them

p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I found it to be an OK game at best, absolutely no thinking required to play it though, I pretty much rambo'd the whole game, and even on hard it was easy as pie, only remotely hard bits were the last few levels, and just get the monsters stuck by their AI and pick them off then. I would give this game prolly about 5/10.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I am in the midst of far-cry now. I am enjoying it, but the vehicle manovering , boat/jeep, seem a bit clumsy.
    Overall - 7.5/10.

Originally posted by Y o u s s e f
    Hard luck about giving away the amiga. Btw You say you have not played Project:IGI, I have it lying around my house never used now, you sound like a nice guy, Do you wan't it?

That wud be great mate! will send ya a PM now! cheers! was just lookin at the review now on ur advice above and looks class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

COD i found wasthe better Game than Far Cry for atmosphere in the Russian levels even though Far Cry had class Graphics :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I didnt like Far Cry all that much-sure it looks gorgeous but its very "meh-ish" to me.As someone above said its the most Rambo friendly fps in ages even though stealth is prioritised.Quite good for an easy gun and run but dissapointing I'd give it 6/10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i was near the end and my hard drive went i havent had the heart to start it again :rolleyes: but excellent game 8/10

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Excellent game good AI and very good graphics. Story is fairly so so and its particularly ground breaking anywhere except graphics but name one game recently thats has something new. Superb game all the same 9/10. Try completing the game on realistic that will keep you more challenge if your finding thats the problem. Multiplayer (if you get it working is great fun).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinapples

Great game, but it's no classic. Nice graphics. Its popular with the geeks at the moment - using it for benchmarking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

A 7.5-8 out of 10 because it was the first of a new generation of Gfx engines which will start to give us real cinematic gaming - on the other hand it was a little buggy but still good fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, I really liked the game but it is a bit buggy - I get a strange problem with 5.1 sound on it - keep hearing slight clicks and crackles and stuff from time to time, whereas other games/dvd's with surround work fine.
    Had serious problems with it in the beginning where it kept crashing after a few minutes' play - turning off AGP fast writes in my BIOS fixed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I'm back playing it again after leaving it for a while, really enjoying it. Those trigens are pretty scary alright! Until you get a shotgun anyway :) And I love the night vision goggles, they really help out in those dark jungles, although I wish the battery was longer.

The only problem I've had is with all my save games disappearing every so often. They come back when I quit and restart the game, but it's pretty annoying all the same. Anyone else get that?

Advertisement