Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft JVM and applets - urge to kill rising

Options
  • 29-07-2004 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

does anyone have any experience with building .cab files to be used to distribute java applets through a web page?

I've built a signed applet and want it to work with the no-longer-supported microsoft VM - updating my users to the new Sun IE JVM plugin is not an option.

I've been tinkering around with building signed cab files, which seems to be working, but i keep getting those FileNotFoundExceptions when i try to run it (runs fine on my updated JVM IE browser).

I've been compiling with -target 1.1, and I'm using the microsoft VM toolbox to make and sign my cab files.

Its driving me nuts as i've been at it for the last day or so and was hoping one of you nice people had hit their head aginst this particular wall before.

so, any ideas anyone - any "must dos" that I just don't know about ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

as an update for reference.
    got it working in the end using the MS VM and CAB file maker tools. They are abandonware, even though a lot of IE browsers still have the MS VM installed.

If anyone wants, i can mail it to them (19 megs installer).

Advertisement