Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the 21st Century (vBulletin 3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ah right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Aye, tis goin' to take a wee while to get used to but it's growing on me

agreed
    now
    <- what is this reputation thingie for?

everyone click on mine, I want a good one!!! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I was logged in normally... I don't suppose it could be anything to do with the difference between "http://boards.ie&quot; and "http://www.boards.ie&quot; ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Using opera, when i run my mouse over the menus at the top of the screen, the google ads show up on top of the menu. Didnt notice this in vbb2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Any chance of moving the DHTML menu back to where it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

CuLT wrote:
    And so the pain began.

There's a little indescribable button with a few other little pictures below the user's postcount. You'll see you have the option to "Add to Reputation".

That's Karma.
    Is Karma only per post, or does a user have an "overall karma"? Don't think I could be arsed checking my karma for every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Fixed that main page login thingy, just had the wrong code commented out the login box. We are experiencing some load problems on the server we're trying to track down, so I hope you'll bear with us while we try and figure it out - unfortunately, it would be too much to expect everything could go smoothly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Very unexpected, but nice surprize.
    No more "when can we have VB3" threads.
    Just like the new homepage, give it a while and all will be normal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ah! vBulletin3 is butt ugly, I look forward to the Cloud skin, but it'll take ages for me to get used to this.

• Advertisement

Cloud skin is there, can change in your user CP. As I said, needs tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

fwk wrote:
    One of the most useful things I have seen available with vB 3 is the thread preview - if you hover your mouse over the thread title you will get a preview of the first few lines of that thread. Saves you from having to open it. Any chances of including this?

Nevermind, it seems to work, but only for a couple of threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dear God

This is an appalling vista. Nothing is where it should be. My blood suger is low at the moment - I guess I'm in shock! :eek:

I notice there are only 14 pages of new posts which is about 6 pages lower than typical for a new log-in. Reason for editing? Mind your fugging business!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yep, a change is as good as a holiday :cool: Must check out all the new 'thingies' later, when I get the time.

First impressions count, and it looks good to me - more cheerful and up to date.

Nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Someone mentioned about the missing Buddy List from the User CP - click on Quick Links and you can view it at any time (and reload).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

its a bit scary but good job.. well done

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Looks good lads & ladies.

A pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

well done guys , it looks great and i am sure given a week or two to settle down and it will be much better.

Is a banning still a 12 click away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

What the hell is FOAF? All it gives me is a load of XML....

And why do all these people have me in their buddy lists???

I want the ninja smilie back....

MUST .... RESIST .... CHANGE .... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i cant wait for the minimilst skin to be put back, but other than that im sure the change will grow on me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cloud skin looks funkeh. Good work.

Perhaps a temporary bugs board (or rename System to bugs) for people to report on bugs or missing features.

What about stuff that people have noticed is different and they want to know how to change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I like! Well done Cloud, and good to see Location is back under Post Count. Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

"Friends" = people you have on your buddy list who have your on their buddy list???

I think FOAF (Friends OF A Friend???) is b0rked:
    <rdf:RDF>
    -
    <foaf:Person>
    <foaf:name>DMT</foaf:name>
    <foaf:nick>DMT</foaf:nick>
    <foaf:mbox_sha1sum>eb8d242d60dfcdbe1309bab50b443b882920c566</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
    <foaf:depiction rdf:resource="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/../bulletin/avatars/Batman_-_The_Jazz_Man.gif"/&gt;

etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Congrats on the uograde it must be a nightmare undertaking such a task on a site this size. Is the timing just before the August holiday weeks planned and will some poor unfortunate be spending his hols getting it up and running to its full potential. ;)

Vb3 has some nice features which I hope will be implemeted. Its a bit ugly at the moment compared to the old site but I,m sure the priority is to get it running smoothly and the appearance will be addressed in time.

Anyway well done to all involved.

Yes appearance is not a priority, I'll do some boards.ie logos to match the skins in due course, and fix the Cloud skin [fix the link colours to be like old skin, fix the size of images (karma, report etc.) under usernames on threads, fix the images in the thread tools drop down, fix the rating images (too big), fix the bg colour on the reputation images].

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

waaa change ...i dont like change wheres my club :( a well once all is done im sure i wouldnt notise the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

hrmm ..the smilies do look odd in the cloud skin, like they're covered in a glaze of some sort
    *cough*

in general it seems like there's too much cruft around everything, too much padding, bells & whistles and whatnot, grumble grumble
    i'll get over it soon

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

I like it!

I really really do!

:D

G

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any chance of moving the "currently active users" list back to the top of the page?

Mike.

Advertisement