Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the 21st Century (vBulletin 3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What's the story with FOAF? Do you need a special client for it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I like the new toys and the layout of the User CP, specifically the PM's. The skin however is not to my liking. It is all rather too large and pastel. A 'classic' skin to go back to old boards styles might be in order (although I was using the minimalist skin).

Also, Karma? Didn't we have this debate about moderators giving people positive or negative karma several years ago? The one where the consensus was it was a bad thing™?

I'll wait until a few more changes are made before I say much more. I'm sure the slowness is due to all the work taking place. Excellent work, pld Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cloud wrote:
    Cloud skin is there, can change in your user CP. As I said, needs tweaking.

god i love it cloud really slick. just a odd thing though.

when using the cloud skin and i'm in the user cp you can't see the boards.ie section of the DHTML drop down menu as it's in black. it's still functional though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Hey, no more posts per day count under the username! That's good. Those things always make you look nerdy.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

while we're changing stuff...

[IMG][/img]customavatars.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I could have sworn I remembered a mod or admin using the phrase "Over my dead body" or something similar when someone mentioned Quick Reply a long time ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't mind the layout so much, I'm just kinda getting used to it at the moment. This quick reply feels a little tacky, but I think I'll get to like it pretty quick altogether, no need for a second page to load to reply, which is very nice.

The problem I have is that boards feel ungodly fecking slow and sluggish!? Now this very well could be some server issues or some such, so I won't whinge "MAKE IT GO FASTER!" just yet, but I just think it's worth the admins noting that on a 56k, the loading times of a page feels about the same lenth it would've took normally (before this big change) while I was downloading something. So I can only imagine how long everything would take to load if I was downloading anything right now with this new funky boards. Kinda negates the speed of the quick reply really, which isn't good.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Whadaya know! I think that's a bug; adding an image by using the clickable icon for it adds extra tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Fair play lads, big improvement feature wise .... could just do with a boards.ie theme (any chance of changing the vbulletin pic on top to a boards one?) ... hope you can find that performance hole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm soooo lost

Mmmm...me too!

I want my minimalist skin back..too bright, too pastel-y!

Seriously though, well done guys for getting the upgrade done so quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Tasty like pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

A reply must be 10 characters long. No one word posts anymore then really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

BuffyBot wrote:
    Mmmm...me too!

I want my minimalist skin back..too bright, too pastel-y!

Seriously though, well done guys for getting the upgrade done so quickly!

Yeah, it's a bit frenetic for those of us use to minimalist. Colours everywhere. I've switched over to the Cloud's excellent one which also has uber cool buttons. The anti-aliased smilies look crap but that's a trivial enough thing to fix if the old smilies are subbed.

I don't know what the story is with the comments in journals. They're all lumped together and not attached to individual journals.

But these are all minor things. We can post, we can read posts and it's getting a lot faster. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

irishgeo wrote:
    well done guys , it looks great and i am sure given a week or two to settle down and it will be much better.

Is a banning still a 12 click away?

It's far less than that these days, it's probably down to just the one click (and possibly a second to confirm). I hope ecksors Ban this user hack will return for moderators.

:eek: :o:p;) :rolleyes: :(:confused: :cool: :mad: :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

One little thing that bugs me, is where the person who started a thread is now placed.

Needs it own little table again I think, of course, you're probably working on all that stuff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    So I can only imagine how long everything would take to load if I was downloading anything right now with this new funky boards.

Like walking with a five stone back pack up a treacle and golden syrup river wearing steel-toed boots that are two sizes too big.

Hurry up damn anti-virus updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Sorry if someone's said it already but the little clock thingy at the bottom of the screen is an hour slow!

G

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It's right for me.