Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the 21st Century (vBulletin 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

hmm,
    tbh i dont like it.
    its too "friendly" and anime site like

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I want my Minimalist skin back!!! :mad:
    it looked like I was actually working cos it's was the exact same colour as the software I have to use at work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh god, it doesn't help a hangover at all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Gimme back my star(s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

delly wrote:
    Gimme back my star(s)
    Shiney stars missing

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

SantaHoe wrote:
    Anyone else experiencing odd cookie behaviour... having to log in every time you come back? :/
    yes :mad:

also old boards took ages to download. V3 takes an eternity. And Im on BB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Gimme back the :dunno: smiley
    damn I loved that guy
    <sniff, sniff>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

UGH, not only do the goggles do nothing but i feel like bill gates is going to jump out at any minute and ask me where i want to go today :(

Im sure it will get better looking in time but its butt-ugly atm - roll on the smallville theme coming back.

Can animated smileys be de-animated? I can see some boards turning into a technicolor SMILEYARAMA :o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: given the chance.

Id also echo what serrard said about user info taking up way to much space.

Oh and its slow, but you know that :)

gl over the next few weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Just want to say WELL DONE to the mods.. I think this layout is much easier to use (probably harder to get used to for older member) but being a newbie, i find this layout much better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

i wouldnt consider myself a oldie but i prefer the old layout. I find it quite difficult to navigate but i suppose i will get used to it. Fair play to you guys for getting up and running so quickly yesterday, certainly a lot more efficient than some boards i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Aye, welll done lads, some nice features to play with.

Although I agree, we need the aul themes, the default just looks nasty!

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Location fields etc, kill them!

They're adding a huge amount of empty space to most posts, it's very irritating.

Also, please don't put in that stupid different user groups depending on karma, just let me have Crazy Poster. :(

I worked for years for these posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

'Registered User' is a bit of a disappointing tag! :)
    The subbed menu is back to the old way, I liked the new way, with boards with unread posts marked in bold, instead of just having an asterix beside them, having them in bold makes it much clearer when you have a large list! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Indeed, I prefered the new way subscribed threads showed up in bold when there was unread posts, quite clear. Also looking forward to the reintroduction of the minimalist style, ahem. Overall It's quite nice to use, the bandwagons are getting a bit crowded :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I wonder do the admins really not get upset, or could they be hurt that there new baby has been mauled to bits, at such a tender age.

Stay with it Cloud, and if you need assistance I can help as i've done a little bit of programming in the past.

Ye really, I used to be able to have my name scroll all the way down my C64's screen. Now what was that command :confused: 10 print name or something. Ah remember syntex error 13

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Holy Cráp, where's my proper confusion :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

nah we pretty much ignore all the "waaaaaaaah X doesnt work" or "Waaaaaaaaah, I preferred it the other way" or "I dont like these colours".... at least until we have completed all the tweaks and hacks.

Currently this is a very default install, remember it took us years to get the site up to the way it was before and you can expect certain features to reappear and some to go away in the coming days and weeks.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

We're the children of the revolution, baby... Living in a time of flux... So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Just wondering, since the upgrade happened, where can I find the changed xml feeds for each Forum are located?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Right its time for that logo to go and this place look more like home...

boards_logo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Not bad, but I'll do an official one next week.

DeVore wrote:
    nah we pretty much ignore all the "waaaaaaaah X doesnt work" or "Waaaaaaaaah, I preferred it the other way" or "I dont like these colours".... at least until we have completed all the tweaks and hacks.

Currently this is a very default install, remember it took us years to get the site up to the way it was before and you can expect certain features to reappear and some to go away in the coming days and weeks.

DeV.
    Sometimes it really does appear like we don't care about how much work is going in. Fs, you all probably used up some holiday time to go and do this.
    Kudos to all of the Admins. Pints are owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I want my Minimalist skin back!!!

Me too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I repeat: Is it not possible to make the default notification type to "Do not subscribe". I just used the quick reply to post which, if it is your first post on that thread AFAIK, you will automatically subscribe to it and get e-mail notification.

I also prefered the old smilies, a lot of forums have these new smilies and I just don't find myself using them. icon7.gif is a lot more appropriate (for the want of a better word) in most posts than :).

A lot faster today BTW, the front page still takes twice as long to load though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

why couldn't we have gradual change in due course instead of the surprise attack.

Looks & feels a little like digitalspy.co.uk

Still fair play to ye for making the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kaiphas wrote:
    why couldn't we have gradual change in due course instead of the surprise attack.

Looks & feels a little like digitalspy.co.uk

Still fair play to ye for making the effort

gradual change i don't think could of worked.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

how do you "gradually change" from MySql 3.x to 4.0... not to mention the fact that this is an "all or nothing" VBulletin upgrade. As for the notice, trust me you probably got as much notice as the rest of the admins got... Cloud moves in mysterious ways (and by that I dont mean he dances like BJork)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

DeVore wrote:
    As for the notice, trust me you probably got as much notice as the rest of the admins got... Cloud moves in mysterious ways

This is true, I keep expecting to one day log onto boards.ie and find out its been turned into something obscure and strange, like an online pet store..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Personally I must pat all the admins on the back.

Well done in providing us with a potentially more pleasing experience and for taking time out of your holidays for doing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

One thing I've noticed, which strikes me as odd!
    In Firefox 0.9, if you open a link in a new tab, the entire thread appears instantly, regardless of thread length (on broadband), yet just normal clicking on it to open the thread in the current tab takes forever to even move off the current page! :confused: Quite odd me thinks!

But, yes, congratulations are in order. I mostly prefer this version [DONT HIT ME! :eek:], the amout of time put itno this must have been immense. Kudos.