Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the 21st Century (vBulletin 3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Oh wonderful boardspeople
    You make me weeple
    With happiness that is
    Thank you for being kind
    It really eases my mind

I have to say that I am proud of you guys. Usually after the admins have been putting in hours or days of hard work on upgrades, there's a barrage of "I preferred it the old way" comments.

I'd have to say that this has been one of the most successful upgrades yet, and really, it's down to you, the little people ;) for not complaining and whining about every little change.

Thanks for all the supportive comments, it really does make a difference to get positive feedback - the negative just makes you want to throw up your arms and say "why bother".

I'll be on holidays next week so expect delays with style updates etc., but all the other admins are revving up their engines to lay into writing new hacks to get us up to speed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

HUGZ @ Cloud and company

It's like Christmas morning, with all the new toys and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

/me hugs stars.

Thank god there back...

[EDIT] seems I was misled[/EDIT]

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Startastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I think we need MORE animated thingies:

party-smiley-048.gif

Its a huge change, on this 56k experience, but I *know* that minimalist skn will return! Cos we all wub the admins, wery much :o

Enjoy the hols Cloud, and thanks to the rest of the admins....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The "Whos Online" page needs a complete overhaul its split into pages and the thread being viewed is in small type while there is an acre of space wasted on messaging icons.

Sorry for speaking out of turn but boards.ie is a mess and...ah, I'll stop before I diss someone big-time.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Cloud any chance of linking the cloud image <in cloud skin> back to the home page instead of the index? Please.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

When you click on 'Search' and 'Quick Links' the way that little dhtml table draws itself...that is the sex right there. I was indecisive about the new design, then i saw that. I just keep clicking them again and again. So cool. Congratulations on the upgrade. :D

Just spotted how the content of the message is included in the email generated after a reply is made to a subscribed thread.

Now that *is* a handy feature...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

syke wrote:
    This is true, I keep expecting to one day log onto boards.ie and find out its been turned into something obscure and strange, like an online pet store..
    Damn syke, don't give 'im ideas :) .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

One day in, and I find it's really quite growing on me. Hmm, maybe not all change is bad, then. /me hugs Powers That Be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Seriously, whathappened to the little but very colourful smilies that were there yesterday after the upgrade? They were cool!

I'm not syaing the one's we have now are bad, I just preferred the one's on yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Seriously, whathappened to the little but very colourful smilies that were there yesterday after the upgrade? They were cool!

I'm not syaing the one's we have now are bad, I just preferred the one's on yesterday!

That's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

The ninja smilie was there yesterday, after the upgrade, but it's gone today. I want my ninja smilie back!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err the new smileys look "strange", and thats me being diplomatic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Has anyone discovered PM's they didn't have there before ? In particular from someone on your ignore list. The CP had been showing me 5 unread messages for the past monthe or two but I couldn't "SEE" them, I just assumed it was a bug but the upgrade yesterday uncovered them :eek:

Anyone else ??

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It says i have like 82 messages..and all i can see is 5 like...dunno what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

afaik it counts all of the PMs you have in all folders, including your sent folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Moriarty wrote:
    afaik it counts all of the PMs you have in all folders, including your sent folder.
    You're dead right. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

gandalf wrote:
    Err the new smileys look "strange", and thats me being diplomatic :D

The smilies look alot better on the black background (Cloud)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm soooo lost
    Me too boohoo!

well done though people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hey Cloud,

First off I love VB3!, THANKS guys so much! the interface, admin control and stability are so much better then ver 2 ever was dont you think? (I use vb3.0.3 on my own boards) Can I ask you if you’re going to turn on the enhanced editor interface? (WYSIWYG) I know there was a security problem with version 3.0.0 of the software but the 3.0.3 update fixed that little problem and is now rock solid.

Thanks for your time.

Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The amount of teething problems is antonishingly small in fairness.

vBulletin 3 oozes coolness. When it's fully broken in it's going to rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

For those who don’t much like the new ‘look’ (I love it btw) an updated ‘old school’ template is now available from the community page of vBulletin so (if the admin wants to) you can have the ‘classic’ look back once more while still keeping all new toys that came with this update;)

Gods toy, those of us using the CLOUD skin (black background) need corrective eye surgery to read your posts if you insist on using light colours like red and pink.

Stick to default ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Please enable UTF-8 encoding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

A lot of the new features are nice alright, and all i can say to people complaining about everything is "ITS NOT FECKIN FINISHED YET!"

Give the lads a chance to finish working on it before offering your opinion like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I did say "please". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Anyone ever heard of usability? I'm not blaming boards.ie, it probably a VB3 problem. But these changes are an absolute mess. For example: WTF is with the green box beside "Friends"? Why is it an identical image for everyone, yet when you pass your mouse over it it can give different ALTs/TITLEs? Does this have something to do with the "Reputation" / karma crap?

Clicking "Add to this users reputation" simply reloads the page, and tells me nothing - as in "did it work"? How do you remove a reputation point that you have added accidentally / or changed your mind on?

How do you check someones reputation? Is that what the identical green square under everyones name tells me? All these people have different reputations, but we're just going to give em all the same icon, so you can't discern any difference - making awarding reputation points useless.

Upgrading any software for the hell of it is a silly thing to do. When upgrades make software more confusing than before its even sillier. Or maybe its just me ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

hostyle wrote:
    Upgrading any software for the hell of it is a silly thing to do.

Lee so wise.

Advertisement