Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the 21st Century (vBulletin 3)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I do like the way that the "goto first new post" button on a thread updates itself with every post, and no longer brings me to the first new post since I logged on. Dead convenient, that. This system is really growing on me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

ok I dont like it...but I see that its like it or lump it so..
    some points..Im not used to forums, the only one I post on is boards, or rather, was boards, so I dont know what any of these so called advantages are. i would ask, that for the non-nerd population of boards.ie that some of these advantages be explained in laymans, as opposed to just "terming the differences/advantages"
    I also dont agree with the FOAF/friends feature as I see it as you asking me who is in my outlook address book, which is none of your business and although you might say well, Im the proprietor/softare holder/god/admin/other, I wouldnt be comfortable telling bill gates either. But we have to live with it so...how about explaining what it all means? what is the relationship with the ppl in the left and right column? How is it more user friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Big Ears wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly .

I appears I have been given negative Karma , for saying that the Admins did a very good job :confused: .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Dunno if it's been mentioned already as I haven't read the whole thread, but in the Cloud scheme is it possible to alternate the colours of each topic like black/dark grey/black/dark grey etc...? At the moment it just seems to be black all the way down the page and it's not very nice.

IIRC that's the way ze old cloud scheme was. I think. Maybe. I dunno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Is it me or is the search function not working proberly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I see the joined date is back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I see the joined date is back now.
    I don't think it was missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any chance of the Arcade making a return - I feel the need to blast some asteriods...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Here here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The upgrade was worth it for the proper quote tags (with the username option) alone ...

Edit: Of course I forgot to account for VB's parsing of my example ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Big Ears wrote:
    I appears I have been given negative Karma , for saying that the Admins did a very good job :confused: .

Do the admins (all praise be heaped upon them from Alah !! ) propose to use the KARMAMETER as a form of self moderation for threads ? Y'know . . get a certain number of bad Karmas and you're banned for a few days etc etc.

It might work for some threads I thinks but there are forums where tribalism is rife and it would just get silly - Soccer for example.

By the way I second what was said about the Cloud theme - alternating light dark bands would be much better visually and make it a whole lot easer to follow.

ZEN

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

There is still no clear thread explaning all the new stuff. Like, there is no comments on my karmas, nor do I know who gave me them, or for what post....and I'd like to know....

I read the first few pages of this thread..but no luck. CAN anyone help me out? Help us all out like.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

People only leave comments if they want to.

Only the admins know who gave you karma, unless someone leaves their name in the comment.

You can find the posts you've been given karma on at the very bottom of your UserCP

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeay, thanks.

Cepting the find out what post you got karma for thingy, that wouldnt work for me, but at least I know it should.

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

:D Yeah,this sure is craic.

How come 'Buffybot' has 2 green barrel type thingys, and 'Beruthiel' seems to be collecting more by the day ?... God bless her.

Maybe if my handle started with the letter "B" it might help.

Personally, IMO I am beyond redemption :eek: God help us all, from the wrath of anonymous numbskulls.

Advertisement