Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

News from Italy: Sweden-Denmark 2-2. It was agreed !

• 29-07-2004 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have been forwarded this article today. Apparently on the next release of the Swedish magazine Offside there will be an article claming some players from both teams have organized the 2-2 result. Conversations between players have been listened by a witness. Here’s what apparently happened:

Edman talking to Daniel Jensen: We go for 2-2 result ?
    Jensen to Edman: Yes
    Edman to Jensen: You will score first

During the second half of the game when Denmark was winning 2-1

Andersson to Gravesen: Now you have to defend only
    Gravesen to Andersson: OK now is time you to attack

I honestly think this is just non-sense or an idea from the magazine to sell more copies on next release.

Scandinavians of the forum. You know more about this ?

"Arriva dalla Svezia una denuncia che ha del clamoroso circa un accordo tra alcuni giocatori svedesi e danesi per accordarsi sul 2 a 2 finale della partita del girone che sancì l'eliminazione dell'Italia nonostante la vittoria in extremis contro la Bulgaria. Nel prossimo numero della rivista svedese Offside sono citate come fonti una serie di interviste a giocatori svedesi e danesi circa l'accordo. 'Ci accordiamo per un 2 a 2?' Avrebbe detto il nazionale svedese Edman al collega danese Daniel Jensen, suo ex compagno si squadra al Heerenveen in Olanda, che gli avrebbe risposto: 'Sí'. 'Segnate voi per primi', avrebbe poi aggiunto Edman. Nella seconda parte, con il risultato di 2 a 1 a favore della Danimarca, lo svedese Andersson avrebbe poi detto al danese Gravesen 'Ora dovete mollare'. 'Adesso attaccate', la risposta di Gravesen."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

There is no chance that was a fix. Denmark were so close to making it 3-1 on a couple of occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Club_Med wrote:

Edman talking to Daniel Jensen: We go for 2-2 result ?
    Jensen to Edman: Yes
    Edman to Jensen: You will score first

During the second half of the game when Denmark was winning 2-1

Andersson to Gravesen: Now you have to defend only
    Gravesen to Andersson: OK now is time you to attack

This is all a bit "all your base are belong to us" isn't it? :D:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

How do you play for a 2-2 draw??

Sweden were very lucky to draw the game. when Denmark went 2-1 up they could of scored 2 more only the Swedish keeper made two great saves.
    So i dont belive Denmark and Sweden tried to FIX the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It smells a bit funny, tbh. Trying to gain up a few sales I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

I thought the same. Only marketing stuff to sell more magazine copies.
    There is a German magazine also, today, bringing out the same news.
    Would have been better to keep this issue closed now, but let`s see what`s coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

What about sorensons spill at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I'm back in Sweden now, and I read an article in a paper about this a few days ago.

They have I think three or four quotes like the one in the original post.
    However, if you read through them, they sound more like they were being sarcastic than anything else...

Even in the crowd there were people holding big boards saying something like: "2 - 2, Nordic victory, bye bye Italy".
    Does this mean they helped setup the draw?

You can twist it any way you want, but in the end, the only thing that counts is how the game was played, and to me it seemed like a good game with two sides fighting to win.

Anyways, IMHO, if that game was a setup, they deserve to get away with it because it was the best setup I have ever seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

muffen wrote:
    I'm back in Sweden now, and I read an article in a paper about this a few days ago.

They have I think three or four quotes like the one in the original post.
    However, if you read through them, they sound more like they were being sarcastic than anything else...

Even in the crowd there were people holding big boards saying something like: "2 - 2, Nordic victory, bye bye Italy".
    Does this mean they helped setup the draw?

You can twist it any way you want, but in the end, the only thing that counts is how the game was played, and to me it seemed like a good game with two sides fighting to win.

Anyways, IMHO, if that game was a setup, they deserve to get away with it because it was the best setup I have ever seen...

This is very true.
    Anyways, Totti`s spit on the Danish was the best spit I have ever seen. He deserved an award...but hey he got banned instead. ;)

I dont think the game was a setup. No sorry. I DON`T want to think the game was a setup. But at the end I dont care.

Advertisement