Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

off topic but.... Babylon 5: Crusade starts Sunday

Options
  • 29-06-1999 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I know, I know.. nothing to do with Tribes.

But its been so quiet around here lately that I thought I'd at least give the heads-up for this series on Channel4 next Sunday.

Its probably crap given the studio issues, money problems, design flaws and episode switches - but I'm still gonna watch it to see what its like. smile.gif

[SS-02]Coyote
    European Ambassador
    Starslayer Tribe http://starslayer.gibbed.com/starslayer.htm

"Abandon All Hope!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Slight spoiler.... ITS SH!TE!! *ahem* seriously, it's pretty bad and it's not a series it's a mini series. They are not making any more episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Right, Hobbes, outside NOW! Handbags at 10 paces!

This series ROCKS. It's got a lot of the look and feel of B5, but the graphics etc. are better and, imo, the "travelling about" bit makes it all the more interesting. Some B5 fans don't like it because it misses out on some of the more deep plot thread aspects that made B5 great - but then again, we only have the first few eps to judge from, and how would you judge B5 itself from the first few eps?

As to it being a miniseries - there was a long 5-year arc planned for this by Straczynski as well, same as for B5. However, the suits in TNT had "issues" with the lack of violence and sexual content, which they felt would make it unattractive to your average viewer. Pah. There's still hope that the Sci-Fi channel will pick it up, though, and continue the run past 13 episodes.

Ja,
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

The B5 mini series is absolute crap. B5 was involving, different, downright cool, and frankly, I cannot believe they wrote it off. Look at StarTrek and StarWars ffs, they still churn out millions of dollars worth of utter crap, and B5 had disappeared even though it was one of the most popular scifi 'things' in recent years. Nuts.

Just to repeat; the new B5 Crusade series sucks the sweat off a dead goat's balls. STAY AWAY.

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well Shinji, my B5 sources (sorry fanatics) here tell me that they won't be creating a new series...

As for Sci-Fi channel picking it up, this is the channel that wanted to pick up "Invasion earth" (was that wat it was called), you know that really crap sci-fi that was BBC.

What's worse here is they mixed up the tapes of the series, so they have shown some episodes near the end at the beginning which while it helped Sliders get a forth season, it won't save this little show.

Speaking of sliders, it has really gone downhill, Quinn is now been merged with another body (ie. A new actor) by a baddie outside the time/space continum, his brother is floating in hyperspace, and they have this black chick now to replace quinns brother. Only rembrant and maggie are still there. you can just hear thier careers flushing down the tubes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Brit - B5 wasn't canned. The plot arc ended. I applaud JMS, it was a good decision - do you really want the series to go on and on and on and on? If it did, it would lose the whole thing that made it great - the involved story arc.

Hobbes - the decision to shuffle the Crusade episodes was taken ages ago. I've seen the first 6, and they are excellent - much better and more promising than the first few eps of B5! The early episodes of B5 were terrible - Crusade shows much more early promise. I hope Sci-Fi picks it up, so Babylonian and JMS can be allowed to let it develop...

Ja,
    Shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement