Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie The New Makeover!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

How do I get my Cloud skin back on this the white background is hurting my eyes

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Go to the bottom left hand side of the page and select it from the dropdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

thanks CuLT

still one or two things that I need to figure out. It will take a couple of days to get used to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think it's too early for this poll to give us any sort of a true indication one way or another. This is the most significant upgrade that boards has had in at least two years and the scale that we're at right now means that it makes sense to evaluate new ways of doing things. It's also not finished. As any of ye who have been around for significant changes before have seen, a lot of tweaking and twiddling goes on when we change things for quite some time.

Also, people have gotten used to using the old software and its ways and quirks. In my estimation the usability of vbulletin 3 is a big step forward, but a lot of the enhancements weren't obvious to me until I'd used it for a while. I'd say reserve judgement for a while.

This is going to be here for quite a while, it makes more sense to reach a decision after the first month than after the first day. Not everything you see changed represents a sudden decision either. If we'd hidden it away until we tweaked it so a lot of the old hacks and configurations were restored, you'd have been without boards for a week probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I hate it!
    PH01 wrote:
    It's slower, no?

Ya i thought i was slower 2 but then i thought it was just the internet connection. :dunno: (missing dunno smily) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

OH MY GOD!! WHAT HAPPENED HERE??
    Yuck, I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I hate it!
    I preferred the old look. THe new one just feels .... "cluttered". Not to mention very cartoony and "big".

The dynamic menu stuff is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Its grand now that I have my cloud skin back. The other one made my brain hurt.

well done guys - hard work i'm sure !

It'd be nice if people used the "reputation" feature - like the comments scoring system on slashdot it lets you know the general quality of a persons posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

OH MY GOD!! WHAT HAPPENED HERE??
    Kazu wrote:
    not very dialup friendly
    Don't worry, it's not very broadband friendly either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement