Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reputation points?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Gordon wrote:
    Yes there is. (Big ears and Necromancer)

why have you edited your post to include me in your ans. my question is what is the scale/ ratio between points and rep tagline. there is no yes or no ans to that question (damn these limited smilies):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

God, I'm really confused. Best to ignore me for a while until I understand what people are talking about. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Who gives a **** about the points really? Is anyone really gonna go around checking people's reputation before they reply to them?

The only way it would be useful would be in the sale forums, but it doesn't only apply there so it isn't useful for there (ie. someone might have **** opinions but might be a reliable person)

Trust your own preconceptions of someone rather than everyone else's. Look, I'm going off to give Gordon some bad rep. Don't trust him people. His little green light doesn't say he's nice.

WOOHOO - There is no such thing as bad advertising! Thanks Exit, I was curious about how it looked when one got rep so go off and do it you f*cker as I am off to check it now. Oh and to all of you's in this thread - GO F*CK YOURSELVES YOU BUNCH OF HOPELESS NERDYGEEKS, GO ON GIVE ME BAD REP SEE IF I CARE. GO ON!!!!!5

Actually I think I gave you good rep accidentally. It's ok people, you can trust him now.

• Advertisement

HAH, ye freakin eejit, you probably always hit the "post new thread" button as opposed to "post reply" button too. haahaa.

Anyhoo, what arse nugget gave me bad rep? I'm a blimmin moderator here you know, I should only get good rep, if I find out who gave me bad rep I'm going to come and knock some heads together. Yer all dead. Yeah that means you you behemoth spawn, YOU!

Actually, I'm pm'ing the owners of this website in disgust at your childish behaviour, so there.

Don't be silly. There is no New Thread button.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I don't like this karma thingie at all at all!
    I have been given 8 neg karmas by some jealous, bitter, twisted individuals since it started! :(
    whoever you are, may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your body hair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Beruthiel wrote:
    I have been given 8 neg karmas by some jealous, bitter, twisted individuals since it started! :(

I still haven't figured out how you find that out! :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This came with VB3 and I dunno if we will keep it or not. We may make it invisible to the general public and use it as a "black mark" for a user who is a trouble maker but doesnt warrant a ban yet...

I dunno, not wild about the idea personally.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ick, I really am not liking it more and more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Beruthiel wrote:
    You do realise you're "winning" - you have the highest reputation of anyone on boards.ie:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30&ltr=

Ye "who will be famous soon enough".... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

DMT wrote:
    You do realise you're "winning" - you have the highest repurtation of anyone on boards.ie:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30&ltr=

How are you arranging it like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Axel wrote:
    How are you arranging it like that?
    Click "Members List" then click "Reputation" - puts people in order of reputation - Beruthiel is currently on top - hitachi_man at the bottom....

Hover your mouse cursor over the reputation icon to get a description of the persons current reputation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

DMT wrote:
    Click "Members List" then click "Reputation" - puts people in order of reputation - Beruthiel is currently on top - hitachi_man at the bottom....

Hover your mouse cursor over the reputation icon to get a description of the persons current reputation...

:D

Cheers. Thanks for the rep points btw :p

DMT wrote:
    You do realise you're "winning" - you have the highest reputation of anyone on boards.ie:

oh
    ok :o
    maybe it's not so bad after all :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

/adds a few negative points to beruthial just to take her down a peg or two

Moriarty wrote:
    /adds a few negative points to beruthial just to take her down a peg or two

you scumbag!!
    an me only yesterday giving you some for your help in the pth!
    you just made me cry, I hope you're proud of yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm sure you're very upset now that you don't get sick looking down on the other people from your dizzying reputation height :D

Beruthiel wrote:

Success \o/

This random oppression thing sure is fun. The only problem is I need a bigger hit each time to get that high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

How do you give negative reputation? Or is this another one of those inane usability gotchas? Like clicking on "Report bad post"?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Works fine for me.

Stark wrote:
    I'm sure you're very upset now that you don't get sick looking down on the other people from your dizzying reputation height :D

the air is quite thin up here but I'm managing thanks :D

The only problem is I need a bigger hit each time to get that high.

junkie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

What happens if your reputation points go below 0?

The universe implodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Beruthiel wrote:
    you scumbag!!
    an me only yesterday giving you some for your help in the pth!

you'll be famous Beruthiel

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It seems that points gained from people with high reputations are worth more than those gained by people with low reputations.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

DeVore wrote:
    This came with VB3 and I dunno if we will keep it or not. We may make it invisible to the general public and use it as a "black mark" for a user who is a trouble maker but doesnt warrant a ban yet...
    DeV.

Waits patiently for the day something screws up and the black marks become visable to everyone....

G

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You need to add who sent the rep message to the list. Otherwise people can use it to be abusive to others without having to worry about who sent it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Oh, they should worry alright. We can always look if we get a complaint, there's a nice friendly admin interface for that.

Advertisement