Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reputation points?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

How come ecksor's post count say's 0? :confused:

G

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

OK I dont like this at all anymore!

I started with 10,then it was down to 8,then 7 and I went away for a day and it was 1.An hour later it was 3 and now it's 0.

God help anyone that even slightly annoy's me! :mad:

G

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ecksor wrote:
    Oh, they should worry alright. We can always look if we get a complaint, there's a nice friendly admin interface for that.

You should force it to give a comment then. I got -2 points from 1 person and I don't know why (for this thread).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That doesn't sound abusive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hobbes wrote:
    You should force it to give a comment then. I got -2 points from 1 person and I don't know why (for this thread).

There are a few messers around alright. Someone gave me negative points for this post: "It seems that points gained from people with high reputations are worth more than those gained by people with low reputations." :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Stark wrote:
    There are a few messers around alright. Someone gave me negative points for this post: "It seems that points gained from people with high reputations are worth more than those gained by people with low reputations." :(
    where do you find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I've gotten 5 different people giving me negative feedback, I love you all.

ecksor wrote:
    That doesn't sound abusive to me.

Well I wasn't referring to that as being abusive. -_-

I think we shouldn't take them too seriously for now and see what becomes of them :)

I actually think that a karma/reputation system could work, but only if modelled in the form of a currency that actually represents some sort of value to the users. I've had two contributions so far. One person marked me up because of something I offered to do (although it counted for zero because the person hadn't the score to mark others up) and I only found this out after I had banned him for being a stupid twat on another thread. The other person marked me down for banning a troll account and closing the associated trolling thread on PI, presumably doing moderation duties is frowned upon by some.

I tell a lie, this thread has gotten me two more remarks, a zero and a one.

ecksor, taking no crap since 2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So those banning sprees have come back to haunt me. But they're soooo good :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Devore is'nt top?????? :confused: But more importantly why is eionm1 above me? The buggers only got 418 post under his belt?

Mike.

Quality rather than quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

....he sets himself up for a fall and is duly obliged.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moriarty wrote:
    .. fat, lazy, indecisive and full of incompetence.
    "Incompetents" isn't it? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've lost 6 so far in the last 24 hours :) , ah popularity is so fickle... especially when the more popular people vote against you.

/me shakes fist at amp (who was the only one to take credit for the negative karma)
    I still <3 you amp, though I wish you were blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

How so you find out who gives you rep points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Start a thread asking about it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Victor wrote:
    "Incompetents" isn't it? :D

No, Actually. I'm pretty sure I was right.

There's only one thing that's worse than a grammar nazi: a grammar nazi that doesn't know what they're fúcking talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Moriarty wrote:
    No, Actually. I'm pretty sure I was right.

There's only one thing that's worse than a grammar nazi: a grammar nazi that doesn't know what they're fúcking talking about.

Even worse than that is when the grammar nazi is right even though you thought you had caught him out.

• Advertisement

They're both acceptable.

Full of Incompetence=> containing the quality of incompetence in abundance.

Full of incompetents=> comprised of people who are incompetent.

Honestly, some people...

You all suck.

Don't worry Victor, I got the joke.

It's 3am, of course I suck...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ecksor wrote:
    Don't worry Victor, I got the joke.
    Where do I increase your karma ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i suck - someone should give me reputation points for that - or money. money would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

ecksor wrote:
    Works fine for me.

It works now but not when I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

hostyle wrote:
    Thanks for that. So how do give negative reputation? Bar telling me to waste my valuable boards.ie time actually researching it. Anyone?
    Click the Reputation button and in the popup, change the "I approve" radio button to the "I disapprove" one before clicking "Add to Reputation"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

sceptre wrote:
    Click the Reputation button and in the popup, change the "I approve" radio button to the "I disapprove" one before clicking "Add to Reputation"

Mucho gracias. All this would have been avoided if it worked for me when I was experimenting with what it was supposed to do.

PS. The post you are replying to was deleted. Sorry, stuff just miraculously started working.

• Advertisement

someone gave me a negative point again from this thread. :rolleyes: but didn't seem to have any effect on my counter.

Advertisement