Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reputation points?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Paddy20 wrote:
    They are positive, unless there is a minus - sign in front of the number AFAIK.
    I think you start with ten. Someone has already taken one off you ! What did you do wrong ?... :D Drive's you crazy, right.
    -1 reputation point for every unit of extraneous punctuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Ooh, I'm *bad*! But I'll never know why! Ah well, now I might as well stop comforting the scared and tearful here and just go about doing evil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh, wait, I was looking at the wrong blob. I'm an unknown quantity. Well, that's fair. I haven't tried the Atkins diet yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm sue it's been asked before, but can we see who gave us a reputation point?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You can't, ecksor can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It has been asked and no you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm not entirely comfortable with that to be honest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The pros and cons can be debated here of course, but as I've posted elsewhere if someone finds that they're getting obscene or abusive comments, then I'll certainly take those complaints seriously.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I think its better that you dont see who gave the reputation points.

While I am interested to know who has given me +/- karma so far, I think it would just make it more likely to make the whole karma thing be petty attacks. If I gave someone negative karma on a post for a genuine reason, and they saw that, they might decide to give me negative karma back just because they felt pissed off about it. The way it is is still open to abuse, but I think keeping it anonamous will give it more of a chance to be taken even slightly seriously (while not having it as a vital part of the forums, obviously).

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

flogen wrote:
    I think its better that you dont see who gave the reputation points.
    flogen

HUH :(

That's easy for you over in green dot land to say but think of us with the red dot's.All my - points have come from this thread and to be honest it's getting a little old!

I want to know who gave them to me.I would imagine if people could see who was giving the point's they would be less likely to piss with the system.

G

(awaiting a mass of - point's)

• Advertisement

global wrote:
    I want to know who gave them to me.I would imagine if people could see who was giving the point's they would be less likely to piss with the system.

well, thats a possibility, but its hardly a major deal for someone to give you bad karma and know that you know about it.

I think keeping it anonamous avoids bickering. People might abuse it because they know they wont be found out, but you having -100 points doesnt really mean much, unless boards.ie are the type to judge... which they are, which means your screwed.. sorry.

flogen

anonymous flogen, anonymous.

Complaining over the loss of 2 points leads to losing several more, who'd have thought it.

Moriarty wrote:
    anonymous flogen, anonymous.

:D
    knew I was missing something...

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

ecksor wrote:
    Complaining over the loss of 2 points leads to losing several more, who'd have thought it.

HUH,That's big and clever :eek:

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

global wrote:
    HUH,That's big and clever :eek:

Well, I never claimed that all boards posters were big and clever, but how big and clever was "omg, I lost 2 points, own up whoever the nasty culprit is" ?

I can't face my guilty conscience any longer. I admit it, it was me. All me. And I liked it. Was this wrong?*

*rhetorical question alert: deploy defences post-haste.

You heard it merc, go spread your love through the masses. Make us proud.

• Advertisement

Harsh stuff.
    Afaik, it's when somone has given you a rating but their score/post ranking means that it had no effect on you.
    Oheeer missus :)

Most of mine are without a comment. I don't bite you know people :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lol, this is all pretty funny. Wasnt this system originally discontinued because it more or less boiled down to a popularity contest?

Its already heading that way again. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Dustaz wrote:
    lol, this is all pretty funny. Wasnt this system originally discontinued because it more or less boiled down to a popularity contest?

Its already heading that way again. Oh well.
    -1 reputation ponts for not believing in the system. -1 reputaion points for having something against popularity contests. -1 reputation points for probably being a communist.

+5 reputation points for having Lionel Hutz (Attorney at Law) as an Avatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I got docked points because someone didn't like the song I was listening to.

Think the grey box is when someone with a very low post count tries to give you or deduct points.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Heh, I got "LOLZ NEGATIVE KARMA 4 U HOBBES" which took off 6 points. I'm impressed. :) One thing for knowing who is sending it is you can mutually assure thier point destruction, as I am sure my score is high enough to do the same amount of damage. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Could have been worse, it could have said "More anal than Azezil"[/Azezil oppression]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ecksor wrote:
    then I'll certainly take those complaints seriously.

people keep giving me negative rep just for being honest
    they make me cry
    now I lie awake at night unable to sleep....
    surely that is a serious concern!? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Beruthiel wrote:
    people keep giving me negative rep just for being honest
    they make me cry
    now I lie awake at night unable to sleep....
    surely that is a serious concern!? :(
    No...

*docks your rep for moaning* ;)

Advertisement