Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends I never knew and WTF is Jade.

Options
  • 29-07-2004 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

On inspecting the new friends feature I am delighted to
    see that i have a number of friends I never knew I had so hi to all of my new friends.

One of these new friends is Jade who has a very extensive list of friends and I am chuffed to be in such notable company. Now I dont know why Jade who has been a member here since 1999 and has more friends than posts included me in their buddy list. I dont ever remember either seeing this user around the place or exchanging posts with them but its always nice to make new friends so a big hi to Jade.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Jade spammed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It appears I am also a 'friend' of Jade's .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Jade is bubbles in slacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

And of course dev1. Bubbles lives on.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I too am a friend of bubbles multiple personalities, as well as one or two people who actually added me to their buddy list. I feel loved, having never paid attention to the feature before :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think anybody with more than 1500 posts is probably on the Jade/Dev1/Bubbles list.

Noticed I was on some peoples lists too, although I dunno why, possibly they clicked the buddy link below posts accidentely. I know I've done that in the pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

I hope Bubbles chokes on his own lard...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Is it really that much of an issue that you've to get your knickers in a knot?

So what if someone has you on their buddy list, you're not obliged to do anything to/for them as a result. You were all there before today it's just you didn't know about it 'til now.

Sheesh!

Amz wrote:
    Is it really that much of an issue that you've to get your knickers in a knot?

So what if someone has you on their buddy list, you're not obliged to do anything to/for them as a result. You were all there before today it's just you didn't know about it 'til now.

Sheesh!
    FG-108_7.jpg

"Diamonds - She'll pretty much have to"

Good point.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Rolleyes doesn't convey the disgust that it should anymore :( .

It was a Family Guy ref, in case you were going for the old meaning of rolleyes Amz :) .

Thanks CuLT, what would I do without you?

<aside>Is it really neccessary to insert a smiley to convey the tone of your post? That's something which has bothered me lately </aside>

I think it's necessary sometimes, certainly not all of the time, but it requires more effort to use words to convey tone, which is not a facet of normal conversation.

Sometimes it should be obvious that a person is being sarcastic or "trying" to be funny... yet we've all seen how these posts are misinterpreted and blown out of proportion.

*shrug*

Anyway... carry on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Noticed I was on some peoples lists too, although I dunno why, possibly they clicked the buddy link below posts accidentely. I know I've done that in the pass.

It's not true. They love me. They Love Me. Sniff.. (Damn there's no more sad emoticon, just angry and not so angry :p ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

I've a sad one here for ye

traantjes.gif
    sadley.gif

Awwww don't be saddddd
    troost.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

MissS wrote:
    I've a sad one here for ye

traantjes.gif
    sadley.gif

Awwww don't be saddddd
    troost.gif
    -1 reputation point for every smiley used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

what's a reputation point may I ask...? I think I'm missing something :eek:

Advertisement